Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

New Desktop App not accessing both accounts

New member | Level 2

I just downloaded the new desktop and I´m only able to access my personal account. I found a post where someone had a similar problem and solved it by opting in to both accounts. It seems I have opted in on both accounts (not sure how to be sure about this) and still doesn´t work. Can you help me please?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: New Desktop App not accessing both accounts

Dropboxer

Hey there @cbr1,

For the Business account, the team admin will need to opt in either just admins or the entire team from within the admin console. If you're an admin of the team, can you check out this page here to see if you are indeed opted in for the new desktop app.

If you're a team member, you'll need to request the admin to opt the team in for you.

Also, can you just let me know what issue you run into when trying to connect your Business account? If you're getting an error message then please send a screenshot of this, excluding any personal info.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Daphne, 

Thank you for your reply. I am the admin and I don´t see an option to opt in. I have Dropbox Plus not Business.

Dropboxer

Hey there @cbr1,

Perhaps you could clarify something for me as I'm admittedly a little confused by your reply. You mentioned that you were able to access your personal account with the desktop app, which would be your Dropbox Plus account. 

To have another account connected and syncing to the desktop app, it would have to have a Business subscription. Can you please visit your Plan page here when signed into each account to check their plan types?

If the desktop app is indeed on a business subscription and you don't see the option to opt in via the admin console then you'll be able to get access later to opt in.

I'll be looking forward to your reply - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

New Desktop App not accessing both accounts
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post