Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

New dropbox app windows - file name

Helpful | Level 6

Hello!

Fist of all - great update on the new dropbox app. It works better and looks better than before.

But I have simple request - can you add more space for file names? I see only some of them and cannot stretch this column. Or just give us ability to stretch all list columns.

Now it looks like this:

Adnotacja 2019-09-20 083739.jpg

Second little thing - can you give the ability to see file content in replace to file icon? It works in some file types but not on PDF and DWG, SKP, PPTX, PAPER (maybe document icon?),   etc.

Thank you and best regards!

Dominik

10 Replies

Re: New dropbox app windows - file name

Dropboxer

Hello @zonaarchi

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us here. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Dropbox desktop experience!

I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the team for review. 

For now, could you please let me know if you're able to see the file names a bit better if you expand the desktop app's window? 

As for the thumbnails on your files, could you please confirm if you've tried a reboot of your device? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for fast response.

When I stretching window is a bit worse (because it is showing file type column) and then a see more in name list. But if I need see full file name I need to stretch it a lot slightly smiling face. It shows me too much white space with minimum information about file.

Adnotacja 2019-09-20 104821.jpg

As you can see there is another thing:

When I scroll down top folder name is disapperaing. I see how many files folder contains (on the image: "22 pliki") but I think a folder name is a bit more useful than number of files.

I tried resetting windows - I see no changes in file icons.

Best regards, Dominik

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @zonaarchi

Ah, I see what you mean about the file names and the columns.

No worries, I'd be happy to share this with our dev team for future consideration! slightly smiling face

As for the thumbnails, could you also check if you're running the stable version of the desktop app (81.4.195) by hovering over your Dropbox icon?

Please bear in mind that a beta version can be recognized by the xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you’re on it, it means that you've opted in to Early Releases in your account settings online.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 6

I have stable version. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Dominik 

Dropboxer

Hey @zonaarchi

I just wanted to check: did this resolve the issue for you or are you still having trouble with previewing your thumbnails?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Helpful | Level 6

I am still having trouble, unfortunately. I have stable veersion and I still have simple icons without thumbnails.

D

Helpful | Level 6

It is working only when I finds something (using search bar), strange.

Dropboxer

Hey @zonaarchi, apologies for the late reply here!

To have a further look into this, would you mind if I reached out to your email address associated with your Community profile? Otherwise, if you already have a ticket open with Support for this, please just let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) and I'll be able to follow up there.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Helpful | Level 6

Ok, thank you

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

New dropbox app windows - file name
10 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post