Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

No more exFAT support?

New member | Level 2

I've had my dropbox on a nice large internal exFAT formatted hard disk for years.

My PC started giving trouble (hardware issue) so I got it fixed and had a fresh windows installation.

Trying to reinstall Dropbox and it refuses to allow me to choose the folder on the exFAT formatted disk.

Why? What changed? It's been there for years. working absolutely flawlessly.

This is so frustrating.

So stupid.

Now what? I must buy a new drive and format it NTFS and migrate everything accross just for Dropbox. 

Just because they decided it was a bright idea to drop exFAT support one day.

4 Replies

Re: No more exFAT support?

New member | Level 2

I just got a message today saying I need to move my dropbox to a supported file system, my current file system has and always has been exfat.  Looks like they all of a sudden dropped exFAT as a support format anyone else want to confirm?

New member | Level 2

Yeah had this on a number of computers at the company I work for. Gonna be a massive headache and no mention of when it will stop syncing.

New member | Level 2

I chatted to support. No help whatsoever.

This is such a pain.

Highlighted

Super User II

Let's keep this discussion in a single location please. You can use the following thread to discuss it further:

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

No more exFAT support?
4 Replies
4 Likes