Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

No option for adding secondary email in general tab under preferences

Explorer | Level 3

I have a Plus account and have even updated to the new app.  There is no option to add a secondary email.

Furthermore, it is unclear if adding this secondary email will allow me to keep my current account completely separate while using that secondary email to join a team I have been invited to. 

Why do I always have to come here to ask questions like this instead of it being very clear and concise when I research guidelines?  I am getting sick of this. 

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: No option for adding secondary email in general tab under preferences

Dropboxer

Hello again @AVStudios!

Dropbox Plus doesn't currently have the option to add a secondary email, only when in a free team.  Read about this feature here.

Also a free team Plus account cannot join a Business team. Check if your account is in a free team here

How would it help you to have a secondary email associated with your Plus account though? The secondary email only serves sharing purposes. thinking face Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I might be able to provide an alternative way of doing what you want. 

Note: If you had your second email associated with the Plus, you wouldn't be able to use the second email to have another account with it, or join a team with it. You would still join with the email used to sign in to the account. 

Hope this helps. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to keep my current Dropbox account JUST THE WAY IT IS with nobody else having access to it and not having to move any folders or files to another location.

I am also trying to be able to join a team that I have been invited to, without it affecting my existing account.  When I tried to join their team, it said I had to basically move my account into theirs and that they would from then on, have access to all of my files and folders on my own personal account. 

Dropboxer

OK. So, the secondary email is not what you need here. Please make only one post for each issue you are facing. Anyway, I will be glad to check why you don't get that option, after I clarify the process that you need to follow to undo the merge of your account

1) Contact your admin(s) and let them know they should offboard the Plus account they merged in their team. Steps they need to take can be found here

2) Have them invite another email that is not associated with files/a Dropbox account. The new email you will join with, will be a new empty, member account in the team. 

3) Get back to me after you join the team with the correct account and I will check your secondary email setting. 

Thanks. 

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

I am accessing it now from my secondary email {removed email address as per our Community guidelines}, but when I open the link, it is my primary Dropbox account.

Dropboxer

OK. Allow me to ask a few questions to be on the same page with you for this issue. 

Did you change your email? Is this what you mean when you are saying you are accessing Dropbox from your secondary email? 

What link are you opening to be redirected to your primary account? 

Thanks for the additional info @AVStudios

Fiona

Super User II

@AVStudios wrote:

... when I open the link, it is my primary Dropbox account.

You'll likely need them to re-invite you using the new email address. A Dropbox Business invitation will only work for the email address it is sent to.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

No option for adding secondary email in general tab under preferences
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post