Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Re: Allow to mark folders as favorites

New member | Level 1

I bought an iPad Air2 with 128 gb memory for the express purpose of installing my entire Dropbox folder on it. Here I find out that you can NOT set folders to be available offline, only individual files. This is a serious deficiency. Very disappointing. If anyone has a work around, let me know. 

New member | Level 1

Same issue but on iOS - my client (construction) is working sometimes in areas with poor internet connection and with the actual solution it would be a pain. Also to mark each file is useless as there will be too many files and additionally each user would have to do it - this means organizational mess. 

Our workaround: we connect notability to dropbox and download all files (also here marking folders not possible, but at least you can open the folder and import all files at once)

Right now disappointed about Dropbox as we need too many workarounds and do not get where we would like to be (boxifier to get the files from server and notability to be able to downlaod and make notes). This is not an end-to-end solution slightly smiling face.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all

Thanks for your thoughts here. I understand that for these scenarios described, this can be frustrating. Our team is aware of this limitation on folders and I've added this thread to the feedback to them.

Thanks again for sharing it,

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer

Hey everyone!

Thanks for posting in our forums. The ability to sync folders for offline is coming soon, though I don't have a specific date for you. It's in the works!

We appreciate your feedback!

Re: Option to Star a folder for offline viewing

New member | Level 1

Where was this announcement posted ? I can't seem to find anything. Do you remember what the ETA was ?

Super User II

There was no ETA as Dropbox does not provide them. Here's a more recent mention of the feature coming soon:

And a reference to someone already having access to that feature on one of their devices (but not another):

And at the bottom of the first post here you can find information on how to sign up for early releases (no guarantee that the offline folder feature is available however):

New member | Level 1

Thanks for all that info

EDIT: This feature is now available on both Android and iOS! For more info, please check out the Help Center article here.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Option to Star a folder for offline viewing
16 Replies
14 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey