cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

duanstokes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There's a lot of posts about possible issues with OS X High Sierra and Smart Sync. 

We use dropbox a lot and have only recently enabled Smart Sync for all users in the team. Can someone from Dropbox confirm what the status of Smart Sync with 10.13 is, we can't upgrade our system software unless Dropbox will work... 

Cheers

Duan

69 Replies 69

majomabaja
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This is Exactly the problem I am having.  It's been going on since January and I have heard Nothing from Dropbox.

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back.

We should now have resolved the issue where, when some opt into Smart Sync, you proceed to grant Accessability but can't proceed. Is anyone still hitting this on macOS 10.13+ ?

Many thanks!

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@majomabaja we'll reach out to you right now!

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks for the update! And sorry for the delay! I'm going to try a few today. Will let you know. Stand by...

MattCrampISF
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've just tried it, and seeing the same issue. I've also tried the accepted solution, booting into safe mode, suspending Gatekeeper, and then installing it, which works, until the machine restarts and the Dropbox extension is blocked again.

I've also tried it on a home computer running High Sierra. Unlike on the work machine, MacOS will pop up a warning saying that it's blocked an extension, and then when it's dismissed Dropbox then prompts to open the security preferences. On the work machine, I don't get the first popup from MacOS.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for posting on the Dropbox Community on this issue MattCrampISF, I’ll do my best to check back what’s happening with you & work towards a fix! 

From what I gather, at the moment you’ve tried several troubleshooting steps on your own, so, in order to speed things up a bit, I’d suggest investigating the cause of the behavior through our Official Support Channel. 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you verify that you’re granting me your permission to get in touch with you on the email address connected to your Dropbox account, so as to further advise on further steps? Once you do, I’ll email you directly. 

Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

MattCrampISF
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It's fine to contact me on my work email. We've been able to work around our Dropbox issues because High Sierra has not been good for us in general, but we're starting to get Macs with High Sierra on them by default so it's become a priority to find a fix.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the confirmation, we’ve sent you a brief message to that address.

Please let us know if you haven’t received it in your inbox. Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

IIT
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Has anyone managed to get a working solution to this? We have the same issue on Multiple Mac's with High Sierra.  Dropbox seem to have no clue on the issue and even with support tickets logged the response we are recieving is at SNAILS pace.

Terrible support thus far.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @IIT, welcome to our community! 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue, but I’ll be glad to check on your case if you’d like to tell me your ticket number. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?