Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Outlook on iOS cannot see all folders in my Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

I use Outlook on both my iPhone and iPad.  When I go to attach a file from a new email, I can access my Dropbox account, but I do not see all of the folders in my account, nor all of the files.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  I have the Dropbox app on my devices and that app can see all of my folders and files.  The Files application native to iOS can see all of my folders and files.  I've added Dropbox to my places in Outlook but can only see some of the folders and files.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Outlook on iOS cannot see all folders in my Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hello there @mhw23 - welcome to our Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this - let's try to see what could be going wrong now - shall we?

At first, could you see if there's any pending update for your device's OS and our mobile app's within your App store?

In addition, just to make sure we've covered all bases, can you clear the mobile app's cache following these steps?

• Navigate to the “Personal” tab

• Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen

• Select “Clear Cache”

Note: If you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Should the issue persist, please forward me some screenshots depicting the matter at hand so I can investigate further. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3
Walter, thanks for your response. I did what you asked and the problem still persists. Can I send you a screenshot privately?

Dropboxer

While we don't offer a private messaging option here on the Community, I made sure to reach out to the email address linked to your Community's profile so we work on this together internally.

Whenever you find some spare time, get back to me with the mentioned screenshot and we'll take it from there.

Talk soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Outlook on iOS cannot see all folders in my Dropbox
3 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post