cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook on iOS cannot see all folders in my Dropbox

Outlook on iOS cannot see all folders in my Dropbox

mhw23
Helpful | Level 5

I use Outlook on both my iPhone and iPad.  When I go to attach a file from a new email, I can access my Dropbox account, but I do not see all of the folders in my account, nor all of the files.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  I have the Dropbox app on my devices and that app can see all of my folders and files.  The Files application native to iOS can see all of my folders and files.  I've added Dropbox to my places in Outlook but can only see some of the folders and files.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hello there @mhw23 - welcome to our Community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this - let's try to see what could be going wrong now - shall we?

At first, could you see if there's any pending update for your device's OS and our mobile app's within your App store?

In addition, just to make sure we've covered all bases, can you clear the mobile app's cache following these steps?

• Navigate to the “Personal” tab

• Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen

• Select “Clear Cache”

Note: If you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Should the issue persist, please forward me some screenshots depicting the matter at hand so I can investigate further. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mhw23
Helpful | Level 5
Walter, thanks for your response. I did what you asked and the problem still persists. Can I send you a screenshot privately?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

While we don't offer a private messaging option here on the Community, I made sure to reach out to the email address linked to your Community's profile so we work on this together internally.

Whenever you find some spare time, get back to me with the mentioned screenshot and we'll take it from there.

Talk soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

SD-Laser
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same problem as @mhw23. Has anyone identified a solution? Thank you.

@mhw23 wrote:

I use Outlook on both my iPhone and iPad.  When I go to attach a file from a new email, I can access my Dropbox account, but I do not see all of the folders in my account, nor all of the files.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  I have the Dropbox app on my devices and that app can see all of my folders and files.  The Files application native to iOS can see all of my folders and files.  I've added Dropbox to my places in Outlook but can only see some of the folders and files.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

mhw23
Helpful | Level 5

Don't expect any help from Dropbox on this issue.  I've waited for months now at this point.  I even emailed the CEO, who wrote me back with a short reply saying he's forwarding it to his team. I got another response back soon after but it was basically a canned "we are looking into it" response.  I've since switched to OneDrive, and because I use Office 365 heavily, it is actually a much better solution.  I was a huge fan of Dropbox and supported them for many years with a paid subscription.  I am canceling my account, but I am actually glad that this issue made me switch, as the experience with Office 365 and OneDrive is so much better.  If Dropbox continues to treat customers this way, they will soon be a distant memory.  With Google, Amazon, Apple and Microsoft all offering cloud storage, I can't see Dropbox lasting too much longer into the future.  Steve Jobs was right when he said Dropbox was a feature and not a product.  Too bad it's not even a well-support product people can rely on for work.  

Olli_d
New member | Level 2

Actually the reason I found after struggleing a long time is the different behaviour between personal folders, shared folders and team folders in dropbox business.

In Outlook - you have access to personal folders of your business account only.

I'll never understand this concept. Having limitations on sharing via links does make sense. But not allowing a fully registered and authorized user to share team files in Emails?? Did these product owner ever worked in an business environment?

btw: Might be that the Microsoft guys are the bad ones because they have to promote 365. Why? PDF Expert is able to work with team folders as 3rd party app. Microsoft is not! Who is to blame? Dropbox or MS?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Olli_d New member | Level 2
    mhw23 Helpful | Level 5
    SD-Laser New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?