cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: intermittent syncing

Photo sync from Samsung Galaxy not instant

sulevreisberg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The photos taken by Samsung Galaxy are not immediately synced to Dropbox for some reason. It seems it takes several hours to sync them, although the phone is connected to Wifi and also syncing over a cellular network is allowed and there are only 1-2 photos to upload (the problem is not the size). It is very inconvenient... a year ago the same problem were solved when I opened Dropbox app on the phone (then immediatly the files were synced). But now it seems that simply opening the app does not help either...

14 Replies 14

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @BK15,

Could you just clarify a few things for me? When you mentioned that some photos are uploaded, are only recent photos uploaded and not older ones or is it more like a random selection of photos here and there? Please send along a screenshot of the Camera Upload settings from within the Dropbox app.

Also, can you confirm for me if the photos on your device that you would like to sync are within your Camera roll, or located in another storage location on your device?

Finally, please let me know the OS and version of your mobile device, as well as the version of the Dropbox app you have installed. 

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BK15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.
It seems that mainly the new photos are uploaded but some missing ones. I have the photos from June 2019 up until now but then one photo from Feb 2018 is at the bottom of the list. I would prefer to have all of my photos uploaded (including camera roll and other folders), if possible.

My dropbox app is 158.2.2 and my phone is Samsung Galaxy S8+.

I am not sure how to attach a screenshot here, basically these are included in my app setting:-
Camera uploads - on
Upload video - on
Background uploading - battery greater than 40%
Time frame - all photos
Use cellular data - off

Thanks again.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @BK15, thanks for that info!

Could you just try toggling off the camera uploads option and then turning it back on again to see if that will trigger it to upload the remaining photos?

Also, are the recent photos that are missing files that you have edited or applied a filter to at all?

Let me how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

EVBK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Want to clean cache but I cannot find the menu button. I have dropbox icon in the left corner but clicking on it I cannot find settings.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @EVBK; I'm sorry for the late reply. 

If you're still having issues with this, could you send me a screenshot so I can have a visual of where you get stuck when trying to clear the cache of our mobile app on your Android device? 

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?