cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please reinstall Dropbox to fix all your syncing icons!

Please reinstall Dropbox to fix all your syncing icons!

LoveMyslf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This has been an issue for a while now. It's an issue on both my Windows 10 devices. I have tried different solutions from this forum, without luck. I'm running version 50.4.71, from the offline installer. Before installing I even deleted all remaining files and folders from my AppData folder, but without results...

Udklip.JPG

28 Replies 28

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @VictorH, as you’ve mentioned that you’ve already tried some initial troubleshooting on your own, let me have a closer look on your setup through our Official channel. In order to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hi folks, Just letting you know I had this exact issue and karnerkreativ's fix worked for me. Thank you! Much appreciated. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know & upvoting the Best Answer @Scott H.! Happy Monday!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

K B.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I noticed I'm no longer seeing files that I upload from my phone.  It just 'happened' apparently a few days ago and I have no clue WHY it happened.  I know that I don't like it because I often upload images or videos that I then go edit on the PC (windows 10).  

I do not have enough space on C: so I installed it on 😧  and maybe that's the issue.

HOWEVER, I have the same message to reinstall to fix all my syncing icons.  But that is very, very overwhelming to me.

First - if reinstalled, does that mean it could take another week to sync like it did before?

Second - all this stuff about %AppData% and whatever all that code means is very overwhelming.  I can't do that stuff.  I'm clueless.  I can use stuff but don't expect me to fix stuff....  ???

Lastly - if I have to do all this, I will probably just move everything over to my Google Drive and not purchase dropbox again (I believe renewal is only a month away) because I just don't have the time, knowledge, or inclination.  SO, is there anybody there who can help me and make me a really happy customer again?

And while I'm at it, I'd like to know if there's an easier way on my Android to get to the dropbox files, too.  I have it installed on the phone but when I want to download or play a video, etc., that I have stored there, it gets cumbersome.  Might as well fix all my issues while we are at it.  🙂

Thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@K B.), rest assured that I’m here to help you on both the issues you’re facing as much as I can! 

Now, as an initial troubleshooting step, I’d recommend following the steps outlined here to uninstall & re-install our application anew & I’ll follow-up from the results you’re getting on your end. It would be worth noting that your folderstructure will remain intact in your pc & you will not need to re-sync your Dropbox directory form scratch. 

When it comes to the issue you’re facing on your android phone, I’m wondering if there are any pending updates. Can you check that you’ve installed the latest Dropbox app through the Play Store (120.2.4) & you’ve also updated your OS to the latest available version?

Please take your time to try my suggestions & let me know how you get on with these steps on this discussion. Thanks again & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Tavo31
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

eI have the same issue; I try go to the solution in this post but the link is not open! Could you please help me.

karnerkreativ
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi,
https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/icon-overlays-not-appearing#files

Open the 'Windows' drop down.
There you will find this text (if the link should change in the future):

>>Windows has a limit of 15 overlay icons that Windows Explorer can load, and the operating system reserves four for its own use. To find out how many overlays you have registered, you can check the registry:
Press the Windows key + R and enter regedit.
Navigate to the following registry key with this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

Scroll right for complete command line.
If the Dropbox overlays are in the first 15 positions, they will display; otherwise you'll need to make room for them. Please note that this requires you to delete or deprioritize other applications' overlays, so only proceed if you’re sure about what you'll affect.
If you decide to proceed, you can select individual keys and delete them by right-clicking on the desired key. If you don’t want to delete them, you can rename them and place a Z at the beginning to send them to the end of the alphabetically sorted list.
Quit explorer.exe and launch again from the Task Manager, or restart your computer.
Launch Dropbox, and the sync icons should re-appear.

nguenthanh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The same issue, anh it haven't fix at right now.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @nguenthanh, have you by any chance had a chance to review the resource karnerkreativ had posted us in the previous page here that did the trick for him? 

If you haven’t been able to resolve the issue at hand after following this set of steps, would you mind pinging me back here? Kindly note that it would be best to work on that through our Official Support channel after this point, so I’d appreciate any update on your end. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?