Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Previous Dropbox .ipa file ? (Downgrade app)

Explorer | Level 4
Hi,

I'd like to downgrade to the previous Dropbox app on iOS. Because I do not like the changes.

Can I download the older version somewhere ?

Thanks
9 Replies

Re: Previous Dropbox .ipa file ? (Downgrade app)

Super User II
You can try and see if an earlier version is available via iTunes maybe? They often keep backups on your machine, however, no there is no way of getting one via Dropbox themselves.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer
Hi Sigatonoatini,

Which specific changes do you not like? Is there a feature that was removed with the update?

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Super User II
Can I jump in on this please and say I'd also like to agree and say the removal of the option to hide Recents makes the app, for me, redundant. Its not something I can use in a professional situation now.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer
Hi Mark,

The option to hide Recents was not removed permanently. It's been temporarily disabled for some users as we investigate a crash, and should be re-enabled soon.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Super User II
Thats **SUPERB** to hear!!

Thanks Maple

Dropboxer

Hey @Sigatonoatini

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[ Please feel free to get back in touch here at any time if you have any other Dropbox questions or experience any issues in the future. ]

Wishing you a great weekend ahead! Robot Coffee

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

When is soon?

New member | Level 2

Hello guys! Does anyone have the Dropbox.ipa file for iOS 9.3.5? I can't follow this Solution because my Apple ID doesn't have this old version. The only way to install Dropbox on my iPad is to use the .ipa file. So please, if you guys have it, please share it to me! I'll be very greatful! 

Highlighted

Super User II

@HiVietnam wrote:

The only way to install Dropbox on my iPad is to use the .ipa file.

That likely won't do you any good as Dropbox is preventing older versions from connecting. Even if you install it, you probably won't be able to sign in using that version.

If you already have the app installed and are signed-in, it may still work, but it's only a matter of time before Dropbox disconnect older clients.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Previous Dropbox .ipa file ? (Downgrade app)
9 Replies
5 Likes
Solved! : See solution