cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem at mobile app sign in "please enter a valid email address"

Problem at mobile app sign in "please enter a valid email address"

DropBoth
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

Dropbox was not always syncing via camera upload so I decided to reinstall (on Windows 7 PC and Android phone). The phone icon looks different now (lighter blue) so I guess the Android app is new -- version 3.0.4.10 on Samsung Galaxy S5. I can't access the version on PC, none of the online methods work for me.

I can log on to web as well as run the desktop app with a newly reset password. I have disconnected my phone from the account. When I try to sign in I get a banner message "please enter a valid email address". This banner is above the email entry field, unlike the red message UNDER the email entry field when the email is not even an email format.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the screenshots @DropBoth, they’ve been very helpful; spot-on stickers by the way! :chipmunk:️

This doesn’t look like the Dropbox sign-in page on an android phone. Maybe you’re seeing that as you’re trying to link your Dropbox account to another app perhaps? 

Keep me posted!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @DropBoth, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

As you’ve mentioned that you’re facing this issue on the mobile app after the re-installation, it would be best if we switched our attention there; thanks for the great input!

Just to get started, can you include a screenshot (masking your personal info) in your next post showing me the screen where you’re seeing the error message? 

It may sound daft, however, can you confirm that the email address you’re viewing on your account online matches the one you’re using when signing in on your phone? Maybe it's a typo that's causing you trouble?

Please let me know of your findings & we’ll go from there. Thanks!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

DropBoth
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Jane.

Here are pics of the two kinds of message saying "Please enter a valid email address." But only the overlaid banner is relevant for my case with a correct email. It appears with or without my entering the password and the email is always the same old one.

2019-12-03 14.04.45.png
Screenshot_2019-12-03-13-58-51.png

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the screenshots @DropBoth, they’ve been very helpful; spot-on stickers by the way! :chipmunk:️

This doesn’t look like the Dropbox sign-in page on an android phone. Maybe you’re seeing that as you’re trying to link your Dropbox account to another app perhaps? 

Keep me posted!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

DropBoth
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Jane --

I can sign in now after reinstalling the app on the phone. I can't recall the exact steps though I may have gone via Play Store, not sure. Anyway, now the icon is back to darker blue.

Dropbox still refuses to do a camera upload though with a bit of encouragement it is doing a regular upload. Encouragement in the form of cancelling any files it gets stuck on.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ah, great @DropBoth; seems we’ve got the sign in inquiry sorted! 

Moving to the Camera Uploads issue now, I’m wondering if you’ve tried any of the tips outlined here &/or if these help improve what you’re experiencing in any way. 

A quick note from me at this point, as Camera Uploads would be paused if you’ve turned on Camera Uploads & you upload manually at the same time. If that’s happened, Camera Uploads will restart once the manual upload finishes. 

If you still experience this issue after checking my pointers, please let me know here & I’ll touch-base with you asap. 

Thanks again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    DropBoth Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?