Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Re-install required repeatedly

New member | Level 2

Dropbox icon in the top ribbon is greyed out and indicates "Click here to sign in and get started". When I do sign in and go through all the prompts for setting up a new account and then connects to my established account the icon briefly becomes black (normal), shows a sync in process and then immediately (1 sec) disappears from the ribbon. It shortly thereafter reappears greyed out again. Have attempted this 3-4 times, removed and reinstalled dropbox with no success. 

This started after I updated System Preferences (version 14.0). 

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Re-install required repeatedly

Dropboxer

Hi @dthea, welcome to the Community!

Could you confirm if you performed a full Advanced Reinstall of the desktop application?

Also, can you review to ensure your device adheres to all of the system requirements in order to run the Dropbox app? 

If you could also send me a screenshot of what the Dropbox icon in your system tray looks like (without any personal information) that would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Re-install required repeatedly
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post