Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close

New member | Level 2

I'm on a Windows 10, Asus UX303U notebook and when I open File Explorer to find a file and then right click to copy, cut, etc. the entire window just closes. How do I fix that?

19 Replies

Re: Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close

Super User II
I'm not sure how this relates to Dropbox HE?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

I am searching for my files in my Dropbox. I guess it could just be a Microsoft thing? Because all of the files are in my Dropbox, I thought the problem is there. I don't know to be honest. 

New member | Level 2
Maybe that makes more sense, now that you mention it, because it only happens on this computer, not my others. Any thoughts on that?

Super User II
It sounds like its a Microsoft issue - I'd be tempted to post on there forums, especially if the crashing occurs on files outside of the Dropbox folder.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

same problem here... any fix guys?

Dropboxer
Hey Rodrigo_Cruz, apologies for the tardy reply, are you still experiencing this issue? 

Have you been able to replicate on a different location (i.e. outside the Dropbox folder) on this device by any chance? Any detail you could send over will be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance for your time & I’ll be awaiting your next message here Rodrigo! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing this issue in dropbox only.

Dropboxer

Hey there (@levijosman), can you elaborate a bit on the issue you’re currently facing, in order to make sure I’m following-up on the right thing? Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

I'm having this same issue with Dropbox with an Asus laptop.  Was there any resolution?

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close
19 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post