Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Salesforce Case Merge

Explorer | Level 3

Hey fellow Dropboxers,

Does anyone else use Dropbox for Salesforce? We use this feature only with Account records, but we have recently encountered some problems when trying to use Salesforce's new Case Merge functionality. Specifically, we receive a red error box with the following text:

Couldn't merge records
Dropbox_for_SF.DropboxCaseTrigger: execution of AfterDelete caused by: System.SObjectException: Invalid field MasterRecordId for Case (Dropbox_for_SF)

Has anyone else encountered this or a similar issue?

5 Replies

Re: Salesforce Case Merge

Dropboxer

Hello @ImplementedPort

I am here to help! nerd face

I understand that this error you are posting about, is in the Salesforce interface and comes up when performing steps via the Salesforce platform. Correct?

It would be truly helpful for me and the rest of the Community to see what you are referring to. So, if it is not a problem, please add a screenshot of this error.  I also want to know the exact steps you are taking to end up receiving this error. 

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

We start out by selecting the "Merge Cases" button on the Case object in Salesforce. This is a new feature rolled out by Salesforce that is currently in beta phase. 

Merge Cases button.PNG

From there it is a matter of selecting another 1 or 2 cases you want merge the current one with (maximum 3 total).

choose cases.PNG

We are then invited to compare the two cases, to see which field values are different from one case to another, and select which value(s) we want to keep.

Compare cases.PNG

Then, upon attempting to merge, we receive the following error:

Case Merge error.PNG

Dropboxer

Can't thank you enough for the screenshots! You make it easier for other users to understand the problem and participate in the thread. Dart

Since the Salesforce merge feature this is still under testing ( Beta) it is normal to have unexpected behaviors with corresponding apps. The error clearly mentioned the issue reflects to your Dropbox that is unable to reflect the merge of Salesforce cases, to assist you the best way possible, I would like to send your case to a specialized member of my team. 

Would that be OK with you? 

I can use the email address associated with your Community Profile to create a case number for you. 

Let me know if you would like me to proceed escalating this. 

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Fiona,

Yes, absolutely, please escalate as required. I would have thought that while this Salesforce feature is in beta phase, this is the perfect time to raise such issues and help them be rectified as best I can.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Dropboxer

I just emailed you, so we can verify your account and investigate the error log with Salesforce merge (Beta). Just respond to the email and I will take it from there with our team.

Thanks so much for reporting this. You help us help you and other users! smiling face with halo

Fiona

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Salesforce Case Merge
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post