cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Since installing MacOS Mojave, the automatic Dropbox copying of a screenshot link into the clipboard has stopped working. (Mojave has it's own new screenshot functionality which seems to be interferring with this feature on Dropbox.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, could you please try and set the screencapture setting to Save to Desktop, and see if that does the trick?

Let me know what you find! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

53 Replies 53

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

:thinking: Hmm, have you tried by any chance disabling and re-enabling the screenshot option from the desktop app’s preferences? You can do this by:
  1. Click on the Dropbox icon that’s next to your desktop’s clock. 
  2. Select the gear icon :gear: and go to Preferences…
  3. Navigate to the Import tab.
Also, are you experiencing this issue only with screenshots? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated so as to have a better understanding of your concern. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same issue, tried your suggestion and even rebooted, doesn't seem to help 😕 I even disabled as much as I could of the OS screenshots tool 😕

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

To be clear, my screenshots save to the dropbox folder, but it no longer copies the URL by default, I have to go to the folder, find my last screenshot, right click and copy the URL 😞 

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I did try disabling and then re-enabling the screenshot option from the desktop app's preferences, but it didn't clear up / fix this issue.

I'm not sure what other info I can provide that I didn't in the initial post here. Since intalling Mojave which has it's own new screenshot functionality, the automatic copying of screenshot links to the clipboard (via Dropbox) no longer works.)

What else can I tell you? (and thank you!)

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @rickpoet, and sorry to hear that you’re also having trouble with this, @Jessica D.20

Have you tried reinstalling the current stable build of the desktop app (59.4.93) too? Maybe that will do the trick. 

If it doesn’t, I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info required to further investigate. In that case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes and we can take it from there. Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, Thanks for the reply. I just uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version of Dropbox (the one which automatically downloaded from the Dropbox website is version 60.3.102) And the issue is still there. (Screenshots now seem to have been taken over by Apple's new functionality in Mojave and no link is copied to clipboard.)  I did double check the Dropbox App's preferences and the "Share Screenshots..." item is checked under the Import tab. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for trying that out for me, @rickpoet

In this case, I’d kindly recommend contacting Apple Support, since it seems to be OS-specific, as you mention as well:

@rickpoet wrote:

Screenshots now seem to have been taken over by Apple's new functionality in Mojave and no link is copied to clipboard.

They might have more info on the matter, but if you’re still experiencing some trouble with this, do let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

In any case, let me know how it goes! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil. I'll check Apple's support forum, but I think an official Apple technical support ticket  will result in them saying it's not their responsibility to support specific thrid party apps, but rather the third party app's responsibility to be compatible with the system. 😕

Wondering if anyone else using Mojave has experienced this issue since Mojave was released?

Nikita3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same issue, but only on 1 macbook with Mojave. Everythink is ok on another one. 

Screenshots goes to the folder which is choosed in Screenshot OS app. Dropbox settings is ignored. 

Need more support?