cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Since installing MacOS Mojave, the automatic Dropbox copying of a screenshot link into the clipboard has stopped working. (Mojave has it's own new screenshot functionality which seems to be interferring with this feature on Dropbox.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

53 Replies 53

neonox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solution for macOS Catalina:

1. Open Terminal app
  2. Type in: defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Desktop
  3. Press return
  4. Type in: killall SystemUIServer
  5. Press return
  6. Close Terminal app

Next Step:

1. Open Dropbox > Settings > Import > Uncheck "Share screenshots using Dropbox"
  2. Quit Dropbox

Next Step:

1. Open System Preferences
  2. Click on "Security & Privacy"
  3. Select the "Privacy" tab
  4. On the bottom left, unlock the lock
  5. Click on "Full Disk Access" on the left side and check if you see "Dropbox". If you do not see Dropbox. Try uninstall and re-install Dropbox. If you see Dropbox, mark the checkbox
  6. Select "Files and Folders"
  7. Check if you see "Dropbox", if no: Open the Dropbox app and check, if the entry occurs.
  8. If you see Dropbox under "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders", make sure you can create a screenshot which is saved to your desktop. If the screenshot is saved to another place, it will not work (for unknown reasons).
  9. Open Dropbox > Settings > Import > Mark "Share screenshots using Dropbox"
  10. Create a screenshot > it should work now.
  11. Lock the "lock" under "Security & Privacy" again.

Rmeka
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Where is this - is this on Mac or on Dropbox app... can you put some screenshots where this setting is?

Rmeka
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But the dropbox URL is not saved to the clipboard?

Rmeka
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have wasted 4 hrs trying to fix this thing.  Why is this so difficult to setup 🙂 I give up.

mcmcmcmc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've tried everything on https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Screenshot-links-no-longer-working-sin...

I've gone back and forth with customer service for days.

I've spent hours trying to solve this.

Screenshots take and save, but no longer go to my clipboard automatically. This is a real pain.

Please file a bug with your development team, Dropbox.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mcmcmcmc, thanks for nudging us. 

Since you mention that you've been in touch with our Support team, could you let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567)?

In the meantime, could you make sure that you're running the latest stable version of the desktop app and that you don't have any pending OS updates?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mcmcmcmc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm trying to reply to https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Screenshot-links-no-longer-working-sin... but the Reply button is inactive (I am signed in...I can create a new post):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwawmwkwema7huq/Screen%20Shot%202020-12-18%20at%206.22.33%20AM.png?dl=0

Here is my ticket: https://www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/11701098

I confirm:

:white_heavy_check_mark: I am running the latest stable version of the desktop app

:white_heavy_check_mark: I don't have any pending OS updates

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know, @mcmcmcmc

I was able to find the ticket that you mentioned and have made sure to pass your comments along. 

I can also see that a specialized member of the team, who's reviewing this for you, replied to you. 

Whenever you have the chance, check their most recent reply and don't hesitate to get back to them with any additional questions. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

edroberts446
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Check your internet connection and try connecting to your network. If you are using Verizon then try using[removed per the Community's Guidelines] to upload the files. 

slipstreamD
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Tried all the prescribed "fixes".  No luck.

Is there a fix out there?  

Need more support?