Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Shorten Link URLs Not Working

New member | Level 2

Anyone else having any issues with the URL provided from dropbox.com after you click "Shorten Link"?

Here's an example https://db.tt/uaARzBka  -- I'm getting a "Certificate-based authentication failed" error message. 

The URL provided before "Shorten Link" is pressed works fine. 

We've used the "Shorten Link" option for several files that we sent out last week and now none of them are working. =(

6 Replies

Re: Shorten Link URLs Not Working

Super User II

They seem to be working just fine for me.

New member | Level 2

I'm getting the same error when I click on your links too. I'll try from a different server to see if it might just be our connection. 

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Crissy N., try a different browser.

New member | Level 1

i am trying to get the shorten link but seem the TAB is not working, is it my browser or do we have any issue with Dropbox. 

New member | Level 2

unless i can shorten the link the person viewing the link cannot see the photo ,it no longer seems to work ,i click shorten link but its not working ,generally it shortens it and allows me to paste it into an email  but not any more

New member | Level 2

I kept bumping into this thread while I was searching for shortened url's for a Dropbox Showcase. In case anyone else like me is looking for that kind of shortened url (to share a Showcase), I finally found it myself. You click Share at the top of your created Showcase. It brings up a dialog box that at the top allows you to put in an email address. At the very bottom of that dialog, it has an option to Edit link. Once you click on that, you can shorten up your showcase name and replace the long unreadable string with a readable string. Just thought I'd post this solution here because I kept bumping into this thread as I was searching for Showcase url shortening. Hope this helps someone. 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Shorten Link URLs Not Working
6 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post