Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Signing in to Xara Cloud through DB ... it doesn't work. I'm told it's an issue with DB. HELP!

Explorer | Level 3

So, Xara cannot load the file I need, which is also the file that's in question in my Dropbox.  If you look at the second screenshot I sent you with the PINK error message, you'll see the file.  I cannot click on it, modify it, change permissions on it, or anything.  

So when I sign on the xara, it automatically pulls up the file andreaclairemarch (etc etc) which contains my website info.  Looks like this file is corrupt or inaccessible.  how does one change this so the file is usable?

Highlighted

Re: Signing in to Xara Cloud through DB ... it doesn't work. I'm told it's an issue with DB. HELP!

Dropboxer

Thanks for writing back to me, @AndreaClaire.

Just to clarify, could you please let me know if you're able to follow the steps below?

• Sign in to your Dropbox account through the website. 
  • Go to the Files tab. 
  • Navigate to the file in question and hover over it. 
  • Click on the box that appears on the left of the file and mark it with a tick. 
  • Select the Download option that's on the right side of the page. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Ok I was able to do this.  Now I guess i have to learn how to upload it into Xara, right?

Dropboxer

Glad to hear that you were able to access your file, @AndreaClaire.

As for uploading it to the third party app, I'm afraid I'm not able to provide any relevant steps on this, but if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get back to me. 

Thanks!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Good morning Lusil.  Just to update you.  The team at Xara have informed me that "we're pretty sure it's a problem within Dropbox and it appears Dropbox hasn't noticed the error message in their own website."

So, I'm no further ahead than I was one week ago.

I will be doing a "screen share" with the technical team at Xara tomorrow so they can trace the bug and report it.  

I feel it's that file I mentioned to you and showed you in one of the screen captures where I get an error code when I try to click on it.  It's the file that stores all the information for my website.  Have sharing permissions changed on your site, or is there something else going on?

Lusil, if you have received any other complaints of this nature from other dropbox users, I would appreciate that you let me know.   

I'm not a programmer, I have no idea what's wrong or how to resolve this, and I don't appreciate operating blindly here while I'm stuck in the middle of Dropbox vs Xara.

Andrea

Dropboxer

Hey @AndreaClaire, thanks for keeping me in the loop!

@AndreaClaire wrote:

I will be doing a "screen share" with the technical team at Xara tomorrow so they can trace the bug and report it.  

Yes, that might be the best course of action at this point, so that our team can have a look into this matter with their report. 

Thank you for your ongoing effort on this!

Lusil

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Signing in to Xara Cloud through Dropbox doesn't work and it's an issue with Dropbox?
15 Replies
0 Likes