Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Signing in to Xara Cloud through Dropbox doesn't work and it's an issue with Dropbox?

Explorer | Level 3

Does anyone else have an issue between Xara and DB? I cannot access my DB files (I could on Friday.) I'm told its a problem with DB. Can anyone help me please??

15 Replies

Re: Signing in to Xara Cloud through DB ... it doesn't work. I'm told it's an issue with DB. HELP!

Dropboxer

Hey there @AndreaClaire,

In order to have a better understanding of what you're seeing, could you please provide some more info and screenshots (without any personal info) illustrating the behavior? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Signing in to Xara Cloud through DB ... it doesn't work. I'm told it's an issue with DB. HELP!

Explorer | Level 3

I added a pdf of the screenshots.  Thanks for replying to me, Lusil.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift reply, @AndreaClaire.

I'm afraid I don't see any screenshots. Could you try once more by clicking one of the options shown in the image attached?

Attach image.png

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

I have no idea how to convert a "print screen" image into a jpeg.  Bear with me please.

Andrea

Explorer | Level 3

Hopefully this works.0001 (1).jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots, @AndreaClaire - awesome work!

I can see that you're trying to access your Dropbox account and getting an error from the third party app in question. 

In this case, the error doesn't seem to be from Dropbox, but the third party app you're using. 

As such, I'd recommend getting in touch with them as they may have more info on the matter. 

In any case, don't hesitate to get back to me if you have any updates or questions!

Lusil

Explorer | Level 3

Ummm, I have been in touch with zara and they have indicated that it's an error on YOUR end.  

Sigh.

Guess there's no way to resolve this, right?  The one company points the finger of blame at the other, and I'm stuck in the middle without being able to access my files.

Maybe I'll take this on again tomorrow.  Right now I'm just too disappointed.

Explorer | Level 3

One last attempt to communicate to you what's happening.  When I log on to Xara, I am blocked from opening my Dropbox files.  Note that on Dropbox, the one file I need to open thru Xara has aUntitled document-page-001.jpgUntitled document-page-001.jpgn error message and I cannot access it.  

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop and for the ongoing screenshots, @AndreaClaire - much appreciated.

From the images attached, I can see that you're able to access your Dropbox account from the website but not from the third party app.

What you can try though is to connect the third party app to your Dropbox account from another browser or an incognito window. 

If that doesn't work, try clearing the cache and ensure that you're not running any third party browser extensions. 

If this doesn't do the trick either, as the third party app isn't one of our officially supported app integrations, I'm afraid there's not much we can further troubleshoot for and would suggest contacting them again regarding the error message.

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but please let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Signing in to Xara Cloud through Dropbox doesn't work and it's an issue with Dropbox?
15 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post