Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Slow computer after installing Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

I recently installed Dropbox Business on all 21 of my PC's at work. However, since doing that nearly every single PC has grind to a halt and the PC's have become incredibly slow. Dropbox has now fully synch'd but they are super slow. I am considering removing dropbox and going to a NAS because of this issue.

Any ideas??

3 Replies

Re: Slow computer after installing Dropbox

Dropboxer
Hey @Attwood, thanks for pinging us on the Community; I hope you’ve had a great day so far! 

Now, I could see that you’ve already contacted us on this discrepancy previously (via our Official Support channel), however I’d like to cross-check a few fundamentals before diving into specifics. If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you confirm that you haven’t missed our last update that was released just a few hours ago (72.4.136) across devices? From there, I’d like to point you to the syncing icons across devices that will help us paint a clearer picture of the current situation Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark. If you’re facing an issue loading your syncing icons, I’d recommend unlinking & relinking your account on the devices causing you trouble once, as it recreates the local database

Please have a look at my these initial checks at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks & I'll be awaiting your next message here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Yes, I have checked and all our PC’s have the new software installed as per the version below. However I am not going to link and unlink the devices as it took nearly a week for all the PC’s to create the files on the different PC’s of which some are SmartSynch’d and some have the files on the actual PC’s.

I think the issue is that Dropbox demands to much RAM from the PC’s and in addition takes to long to synch and when there is a file change it then synch’s across all the PC’s in the office and completely blocks up my internet. Even the Smartsync doesn’t really work properly because it saves a hard copy on the PC rather than uploading it back to the cloud.

I must admit, I have 21 people moaning at me constantly every day since Dropbox was installed.

Dropboxer
I appreciate the additional details you’ve sent me here @Attwood! Now, as you mentioned that- besides latency- you’re also experiencing an issue with high CPU usage, I’d like to have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email including all the details you’ve sent me here. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Slow computer after installing Dropbox
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post