cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other users like you. Get involved

no

Solution: Smart Sync options not appearing in Finder on Mac 10.10 [Updated: Feb 19]

Community Manager
Hi all,

We’ve recently had an issue with Finder extension and options like Smart Sync haven’t been available. This is impacting Mac users on 10.10 with versions of Dropbox v89 or higher. 

Update: A fix for this issue went out to beta on February 10 and to stable build on February 19.

Once you’re on the updated version, you then need to:
  1. Restart Finder 
  2. Refresh the Finder extension in your system preferences 
  3. Restart your machine 

Let us know if you have any questions!
4 Replies

Re: Smart Sync not Showing up on Mac

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

I am using OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5 and am having the same issue as original poster. I cannot see if a Dropbox file is online or local from my Finder menu and cannot change it to be online if it is local. I tried downloading the stable version as you suggested, but that did not change anything. I would appreciate your help on this issue please.

Thanks.

Paulomi

Dropboxer

Hey @Paulomi, I hope you're well today!

Just as a note, I've moved your post here so that I can point you to the post above.

Since you're on the latest stable version already, can you try the steps Emma outlined above to see if that does the trick?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Daphne, this did do the trick. I can see the sync options on my finder now.

Dropboxer

I'm happy to hear that @Paulomi!

If you need anything else, just give me a nudge here and I'd be glad to help out.

Have a great weekend ahead! Coffee

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Solution: Smart Sync options not appearing in Finder on Mac 10.10 [Updated: Feb 19]
4 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post