Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15

New member | Level 2

In the latest preview build of macOS 10.15 (19A471t), Dropbox syncing does not work automatically. Pausing syncing in the menubar, then resuming it, is required for any changed to be synced. I am using the latest stable version of the Dropbox app, v73.4.118.

34 Replies

Re: Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15

Dropboxer

Hey there @censoredcount  - sorry to hear that!

Our most recent version of the app was just out yesterday; could you give it a go and let me know if you're still having the same issue?

Here's a direct link for the offline installer: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=74.4.115&plat=mac&type=full

Hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter! Thanks for following up. I had no idea I was running an older version of Dropbox. It appears that the syncing issue is fixed, though I'll note that installation was confusing. I ended up having to drag the Dropbox app into the Applications folder, even though the DMG instructed me to open it from the DMG folder and that it'd install automatically.

Thank you!

Dropboxer

Glad to hear this helped @censoredcount!

Should you ever come up with a Dropbox question or an issue arises, please let us know. 

Have a lovely day ahead!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Okay, I should have realized this, but installing the new Dropbox app synced the unsynced files just as if I had paused and resumed syncing (because that's essentially what happened when I installed the new app). Unfortionately it still isn't syncing new updates without me pausing and resuming syncing.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update on this @censoredcount!

At this point, I have to mention that the operating system (MacOs 10.15 a.k.a. MacOs Catalina) you are running is not currently a fully tested or supported environment for the Dropbox desktop application. You can see a list of our system requirements here: https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/system-requirements 

Having said that and as we appreciate any reports that will help us improve the service when these builds go out for general access, I have just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this. 

Thanks for bringing this under our attention!

Walter

Explorer | Level 4

I am also having the same issue with automatically syncing files. If any feedback is needed please let me know.

Dropboxer

Thanks for your diligence @ChrisLongden - much obliged!

At this point, as MacOS Catalina (10.15) is not officially supported, you could find the version of the app you currently use and report your findings under the relevant build from this page: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Beta-testers/ct-p/101003000

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with from my end!

Walter

New member | Level 2

This thread should not be marked as solved. The OP's last post and ChrisLongden's say the problem still exists. 

Dropbox Sync Issues on macOS Catalina (10.15) and Xcode 11

Explorer | Level 4

I'm using the Dropbox Mac app v75.3.131

On macOS Mojave, I had Dropbox set up on two different Macs. My Xcode 10 projects would sync seamlessly over Dropbox such that if I made a change in an Xcode project on one computer, it would show up on the other computer almost instantly. Git would never choke when it came time to check things in, and the state between the two computers was beautifully identical. Kudos to Dropbox for pulling this off!

Now that I've been trying out macOS Catalina and Xcode 11, it has been much less reliable. slightly smiling face Dropbox frequently gets stuck syncing endlessly.

For example:

• Dropbox will say "Syncing 2 files..." for several hours and never resolve, and the other computer won't ever update.
  • It also gets stuck syncing *.appiconset folders (used within asset catalogs).

I recognize that I'm using beta software, so I just want to bring these issues to the attention of Dropbox so that hopefully they can get them fixed. slightly smiling face

Thanks!

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15
34 Replies
10 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post