Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Dropbox Sync Issues on macOS Catalina (10.15) and Xcode 11

Dropboxer
Hey there @Clifton L.,

Yes, it seems like you are indeed using quite a few beta versions! Might I suggest using the most recent stable version of the Dropbox desktop app (beta version denoted with XXX.3.XXX ) to see if this helps at all while you are testing out the Mac OS beta?

Since the OS is still in beta it’s not a system we support yet, hopefully in using the stable version you might see more consistency in syncing. To do this, you will need to toggle off “Early releases” from your Account Settings page here. Then simply download and install the recent stable version.

That being said, I’ll be happy to pass along your comments to our dev team for review.

Wishing you happy testing - Cheers! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Dropbox Sync Issues on macOS Catalina (10.15) and Xcode 11

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you, Daphne. I had no idea I was on a beta version of the Mac sync client. slightly smiling face I'll downgrade to the stable branch and see if things improve.

Thanks again!

Re: Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15

Helpful | Level 5

I think it was right to make this thread as solved, after all it was an OS beta release.

I've now updated to macOS Catalina Beta 2 and it appears that whatever was causing dropbox to not automatically sync has disappeared as I'm able to create/edit files in my dropbox folder and they do get uploaded.

Only issue on macOS Catalina Beta 2 is the dropbox app periodically crashes but restarts straight away, which causes is to start sync'in... so still better than Beta 1, ha!

Helpful | Level 5

Am using MacOS 10.15 (19A487m) and am getting a "Can't access dropbox folder" error. It appears to be sync'ing only intermittently. I'm using Dropbox v75.4.141.  

Highlighted

Super User II

Dropbox does not yet support macOS Catalina (10.15) and won't until its final, stable release. You may be able to install Dropbox on it but you're bound to run into issues until Dropbox officially supports it.

Helpful | Level 5

I would uninstall and reinstall it... Catalina has new file access permissions for each time an app wants to access somewhere it hasn't before... failing that check the permissions for dropbox under system preferences and make sure it has full disk access.

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Walter,

I agree that as Catalina is in beta, and will be until mid-September, some issues are to be expected I think.

Having said that, I’ve installed Catalina on two of my Macs and Dropbox is working just fine.

Thanks.

Helpful | Level 5

ChrisLongden,

I carried out your two suggestions sequentially, each time rebooting my computer. Neither worked by itself nor in combination. 

So, I went back in to "Full Disk Access" list and removed Dropbox from the approved list. As an aside, Google Drive was unaffected by the current Catalina build and did not require Full Disk Access.

I examined the list of apps under "Accessibility" and Dropbox was enabled for that function.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, though. In the process, I did re-learn that uninstalling and re-installing is in fact different from merely deleting the desktop app and re-installing.  

Helpful | Level 5

I'm running Dropbox beta build v76.3.110 on the 2nd beta of Catalina and as soon as I change a file I can see dropbox syncing .

Helpful | Level 5
Ok, thanks.
So, you also saw the phenomenon I was experiencing [w/ 75.4.141]?
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Syncing Does Not Work Automatically on macOS 10.15
136 Replies
51 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey