Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Syncing and Compatibility Issues - Windows 10

Level 2

My Dropbox folder on my laptop won't sync.  I tried to unistall the program thinking that if I reinstall it the problem would be resolved.  However, when I try to uninstall, I have an incompatibility error message.  I am not much of a techy person and this is very frustrating as I use Dropbox alot.

4 Replies

Re: Syncing and Compatibility Issues - Windows 10

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Brandi, if you’re having issues uninstalling, try an advanced reinstall of the app to see if this helps.

The process is a little longer, so take it step-by-step, there’s no rush! It should help remove Dropbox completely, and then the re-installation process can be done.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I went through the start of the process and I am not sure how it is an "advanced" reinstall because the instructions were leading me to install it in the same way as I had initially tried.  This has lead to the same "Uninstall Failed" message.  

Thank you for your suggestion but it is not solving the issue.

Level 3

I am having the same proble

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Could you try opening the "Task Manager" by right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Start Task Manager". If this applies to you, @Kfrank, try this as well.

Then please click on the "Processes" tab to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox that may be preventing Dropbox from being removed from your device. You may need to click "Show processes from all users" to check all processes.

Once you are viewing these processes, if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, or recognize any programs that you may have linked to Dropbox, please perform the following steps for each applicable process:

• Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on "End Process"

Afterwards, try uninstalling using the steps in the previous article I posted and let me know how it goes.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Syncing and Compatibility Issues - Windows 10
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post