Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Syncing is stuck on my computer, what can I do?

New member | Level 2

I'm looking to cancel the syncing on my computer. I don't want to pause it, but cancel it. My computer isn't giving me a view details option. It just says it has 5 hours left to sync. It's been syncing for over a week now though. It looks like all my files have synced so I'd like to cancel the syncing. How can I do this?

7 Replies

Re: How to cancel syncing

Dropboxer

Hey there @kmucciacciaro,

Can you let me know what the current sync status is showing? Also, please let me know the version of the desktop app that you have installed. If you see any errors in the sync status, then please send me a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info)?

You mentioned that it looks like your files are all synced, can you elaborate on this for me? For example, within the Dropbox folder, do you see any blue sync icons next to your files? 

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Current sync status: 6,464 files • 4 hrs

Version: v79.4.143

Error: 1 errorScreen Shot 2019-08-19 at 10.36.03 AM.jpg

All my files have green checked arrows next to them.

Dropboxer

Hi there @kmucciacciaro!

Have you tried the steps mentioned when you click on the "How to fix" option? If you click "Go to folder", what syncing icons do you see inside this location? 

Also, please let me know if the syncing status is progressing at all.

Hope this helps!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

I went to the folder that was having the issue. My original folder isn't there anymore, but one that says (Selective Sync Conflict) in the folder name. The original synced folder is  gone though. It also has a blue uploading icon next to the conflict folder.

The syncing progress now says: 2,001 files • 1 sec but it has been going up and down with the number of files and time for over a week now.

Dropboxer

Hi there @kmucciacciaro

If you're getting a folder with (Selective Sync Conflict) next to its name and the original has disappeared from your Dropbox folder on your computer, it likely means that the original is selectively synced.

You can find more info about selective sync conflicts in this article.

Could you please check on the website and see if you can find the original in the relevant path? 

You can also use the search function if you're not sure where you saved it. 

As for the syncing progress of the desktop app, could you please confirm for me if the (Selective Sync Conflict) folder is the only one still syncing Arrows Counter Clock

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I think I fixed it. I found my original folder and deleted the conflicted copy and that seemed to take care of it! Thank for all y'all help!

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @kmucciacciaro! Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you have any other questions in the future, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Lusil

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Syncing is stuck on my computer, what can I do?
7 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post