Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Taskbar icons in windwos 10 washed out

Level 2

Hi.

Has anyone noticed in Windows 10 that when you right mouse click on the taskbar icon, the icon/content are washed out. At this moment in time with a white background, I can't see any icons but if I minimise the webpage to my desktop view, I can see the icons but they still have a washed out look.

Seems to be the same on all my windows 10 machines but looks okay on my Windows 7 machines

Anyone any ideas

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Taskbar icons in windwos 10 washed out

Dropboxer

Hey there @Lifeboat1229 - could you share a screenshot too so we can have a visual too?

Also, could you take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) and let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Walter.

Apologies. Never received a message to say you had replied and was just doing a search plus I emailed Dropbox as I have email technical support since I upgraded a week ago.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the taskbar icon info is bleached out and I've no idea why or how to fix it.

Regards

Declan

Screenshot 2019-03-25 16.52.56.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that  @Lifeboat1229; have you tried rebooting your device and re-installing our software?

If that doesn't work, please try unlinking and relinking your account through the desktop app's preferences on the affected computer while also making sure that there's no firewall, antivirus or VPN/proxy setting that could be preventing our application from connecting to the internet properly. 

Spoiler

Please follow these steps to unlink and relink your computer:

1) Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock.
2) Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel, and select "Preferences".
3) Select the Account tab.
4) Click the "Unlink" button in the Account tab.
5) Your Dropbox will then prompt you to re-enter your account information.

Your account will then take a few moments to re-index your Dropbox folder and sync any pending changes before returning to normal activity.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Taskbar icons in windwos 10 washed out
3 Replies
0 Likes