Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

The button to adjust my Selective Sync settings has become unresponsive. Why?

Explorer | Level 4

I'm trying to add back a folder that I previously unselected via "selective sync" but the button is not functioning. I tried this on another team members computer within our team and theirs is not responding either. 

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: SELECTIVE SYNC

Dropboxer
Hey @thai0911, thanks for reaching out on the Community for assistance! 

I have a quick question for you if you don’t mind: Are you facing this issue as you’re remotely signed in on this device by any chance? 

Have you tried quitting the application, rebooting your pc once & relaunching to see if this does the trick? 

Please let me know how you get on with this quick tip when you have a minute & we’ll take it from there! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Jane,

Yes we have tried to reboot and restart DB to see if that corrects the error but it still exists. And, if I understand the question correctly, the answer is no we are not remotely signed in. 

I access this through the system tray, then clicking the DB icon, under my name in the top right, I click preferences, in fpreferences I click the button "Sync". Lastly, in the middle of the window, the "selective sync" button appears but when I press it nothing happens like there is a pop up blocker active. 

Dropboxer
Thanks for the speedy message back @thai0911!

It would be interesting to see if that’s the only un-responsive button or the issue has affected the settings pane in general; please let me know in your next message if everything else works as expected. 

Incidentally, what do you see when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon on your system tray? I’m just curious to see if this “Up-to-Date” message is displayed there & the latest Stable Build (82.4.156) has been installed correctly. 

Would you mind unlinking & relinking your account on the device causing you trouble once as a quick fix? 

Once you do, please keep me posted on the results! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

- it said up to date earlier but is syning 2 files currently

-everything else is responding as it's supposed to in the preferences pane.

-as for unlinking and relinking the account, I'm hesitant because there are 100s of thousands of files. Usually takes a week to complete the process. 

-I have v82.4.155

Dropboxer

there are 100s of thousands of files. Usually takes a week to complete the process. 
Hmmm.. It seems that the culprit is located there @thai0911, since the performance of the Dropbox desktop app can decline if you have more than 300,000 files synced on the pc you’re working on. That could also be a sign that your device can’t handle the client load in the background. 

That being said, kindly note that it’s up to you to move forward with my advice (i.e. unlinking & relinking) whenever you’re ready. I merely suggested going down that path, as the Set-up flow will allow you to re-build the local database & adjust your Selective Sync settings anew. 

Thanks again for taking the time to work on that with me & please let me know of any follow-up questions you may here! 

Jane

BPK New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am experiencing this same issue. Sync button doesn't respond

Dropboxer
Hey @BPK, thanks for the nudge! 

Is that the Selective Sync button the OP mentioned? I’m wondering whether you’ve tried following any of the steps/hints included in my messages above. If so, can you let me know of the results?

Thanks again! 

Jane

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

The button to adjust my Selective Sync settings has become unresponsive. Why?
7 Replies
1 Like
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post