Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Third level folders not showing on mobile app

Helpful | Level 5

Third level folders not showing or browsable on the Dropbox mobile app (iOS iPad).

First two levels are showing, but all I see in the second level folder are files with no third level of beyond folders.

However, all folder hierarchies and files  on the web appears as expected.

Please help.

4 Replies

Re: Third level folders not showing on mobile app

Super User

@gschlact wrote:

Third level folders not showing or browsable on the Dropbox mobile app (iOS iPad).

First two levels are showing, but all I see in the second level folder are files with no third level of beyond folders.

However, all folder hierarchies and files  on the web appears as expected.

Please help.

Hello, @gschlact...

Please verify that you have the most current version of the iOS app installed on your device (eg: v94.2 vs 92.3).  If you have an older version, please install the newest release.  Afterwards, check to see if you can view the 3rd level folders.

If above didn't help, please consider posting a screenshot or two so we can see first-hand what you're viewing (minus any sensitive information).

Thank you.

Helpful | Level 5

Ok, so I fixed the list order in the Dropbox app.

The problem is I 99% of the time use the Dropbox integration via the email app.

I never thought to scroll further down and see folders mixed with filters.  Is there a way to change oder? See screen shots. THe first one shows top of folder holding additional folders and files. The folder above however, had mosyou folders,  So it appeared to have all folders showing first.!!

So they Are there, would be nice to have traditional folders lists before files.

IMG_0408.PNGIMG_0410.PNG

Super User II
Pleased its sorted!

And I'm afraid it isnt possible to alter the sorting

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Super User

@gschlact wrote:

See screen shots. THe first one shows top of folder holding additional folders and files. The folder above however, had mosyou folders,

So they Are there.

Hello, @gschlact...

Thank you for the screenshots.

I'm glad your folders are available, although not in the order you'd prefer.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Third level folders not showing on mobile app
4 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey