cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload/download time progress in system tray missing (only speed showing).

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

PLEASEEEEE FEEDBACK! I am about to cancel subscription for two people and asking refund!

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Guys

I am talking to support and they are saying this is the latest update and it's now like this

I advise you all to write them to ask to bring the feature back.

I will now search for an alternative software

PW87
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the update marinacoser, ridiculous that there still hasnt been an official word from dropbox about it.

Will have to look for alternative software. What feature will they remove next?

gloson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Well, they have replied to me over phone and Twitter, saying they will forward my feedback to the development team. https://twitter.com/Gloson/status/1111133606833864704

I've looked through 20 alternative cloud providers, but none of them is as fast as Dropbox, unfortunately, probably because I live in Southeast Asia and their servers are located in other parts of the world.

gs333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes please have this fix immediately. This is a deal breaker

Matt F.30
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I’m just curious as to what advantage removing such a feature would be?

harborlighthous
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is a blocker for me. I need to have this feature, what is going on? Did they QA this?

gloson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Perhaps they are modelling after Apple: Apple removes the ‘time remaining’ battery estimate in new macOS update https://www.theverge.com/2016/12/13/13939278/apple-macos-sierra-new-macbook-pros-battery-life

Korrofilms
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Removing this feature is ridiculous! I relied on the upload ETA to know roughly when to tell my clients their files would be ready. Please reinstate this features ASAP!

GEK
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is stupid! Why remove this feature? Put it back dummies!

Need more support?