cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the Dropbox desktop app settings to show the syncing time estimate again?

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

Artisanal_TV
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just got a new computer and switched my main Dropbox from Mac OSX to Windows 10. And now I also can't see how long it will take to finish uploading my files. I don't even have a dropbox icon in the OS anymore. How do Windows users get a sense of how long their upoloads will take to complete?

Alex_Basis_HH
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Community,

until recently, my upload was always in minutes / seconds indicating how long the upload still takes. Since today I see that the upload is shown in KB / Sec.

Does anyone know how I change that back to min / sec?

Thanks!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, @Alex_Basis_HH.

Thanks for reaching out to us with your query! 

Unfortunately, the feature showing the time estimate left for syncing your files was removed in a recent update to the Dropbox desktop app. Currently there isn’t option within the app to change the display to show the time left for syncing.

We have received a lot of feedback about this on the thread here, and I’d be more than happy to pass along your comments also to our dev team as we always value constructive feedback.

Hope this helped to clarify matters - Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sylrod000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having the same problem.  I am trying to get files to a client and I cant even see the transfer speed.  All it says is "syncing 3 files".  I have no idea if I have a fast or slow upload speed.  This is very frustrating and is killing my workflow.  Dropbox, please fix this.  Why on earth would it be removed?

MikeW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Are you going to fix this?  I sometimes upload files that take hours or even days to upload, and I really want a time estimate!

matiasja
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just by looking at the amount of complains in this thread it is easy to tell they screwed big time. 

It's a shame, already starting to look for an alternative provider and I bet they'll lose many customers just for removing a tiny yet crucial feature (and not providing any kind of technical justification).

Lek
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox, why this qestion marked as solved if its still not solved?

harborlighthous
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The reason this is marked as solved is bacsue this is a feature not a bug.

The Project Manager on this feature should be reassigned or let go, and the Dropbox team needs to own their mistake and put the time remaining indicator back.

It is ridiculous it has not already been rolled back.

Again, see my comment about hubris, and lack of humility. 

Incredibly arrogant behavior by Dropbox

pepe1967
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I could understand if this was a free service like Google Drive however my company pays a sizeable subscription fee and expect to be consulted or forewarned when changes are made that impact the workflow of our remote employees. We run tight delivery schedules and the removal of this feature is impacting our B2B communication.

MikeW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I also am paying for Dropbox.  Not commercial but personal -- still, I cannot understand why they would have taken away this valuable capability.

Need more support?