cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time remaining feature - please reinstate this feature Dropbox

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox,

On behalf of the many many users who are complaining about the removal of the time remaining, or time left feature, I am requesting that you reinstate this feature in the next update. For so many of us, this was Dropbox's most integral feature.

I urge anyone who is missing this feature to post a 'seconded' below.

Dropbox, please do not mark this as 'Solved' until the feature has been reinstated. Also, please do not merge this with the other thread where us users have been talking about this topic.

Thank you very much for listening to your customers.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm afraid it has to be merged - that is the thread its being discussed and monitored on. Another thread isnt going to be seen or change anything as it makes it look like its only you on about it. I have tweaked the forum heading slightly though to make it more obvious what it is now. 

Also, I'm afraid the forum software marks things as 'Solved' if anybody selects that option - note that no Dropboxer or Super User would mark their own post as that UNLESS they wanted / needed it to appear at the top of the thread. It is anoying but, actually, in this case the issue is solved - it was intentionally removed. 

As has been said its a conscious decision to remove it and so people need to post in ONE thread (i.e. here) if they want to change that. 

What I will say is I have never, ever, EVER seen Dropbox change a decision in the whole time I've moderated here and I cannot see that changing now - especially when so few people are questioning it and in comparison to the number I have seen complain about it - or thousands, literally, about other things they changed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sylrod000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Second.

Artisanal_TV
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seconded. Still want the "time remaining" feature back. As soon as possible, please.

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@Mark. Thanks for your reply, explanation and for changing the topic heading.

gloson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Seconded!

MikeW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I second this request.  This feature is important to me.  Without it I don't know if an upload is almost finished or still has another day to go!

MikeW1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I don't understand why this happened, by the way.  Is there really anyone who dislikes being able to see an estimate of the time remaining???

nei a.
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

I also would like to see this come back, 
however it will not happen,
never has dropbox listened to users once they made a change. 

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Ok, here's the workaround.

Upload via the Dropbox website. If you do that then click on view details on the bottom of the page you will get a popup window which still has the remiaing time feature. Use it soon though, as I'm sure they'll remove it any day now. 

This totally defeats the purpose of having Dropbox as an app, but at least you can tell your clients how long the upload will take.

Thanks for making life harder Dropbox. Glad I pay a monthly fee for this.

Need more support?