cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop App - Remaining Time Not Showing

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Bring it back, please!

availablelight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

their own WEBSITE seems to think the feature is still available 😕 https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/sync-time

availablelight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

telling everyone that the feature they USED TO HAVE and STILL WANT has been removed deliberately is not a "solution". this solves no one's problem. stop linking back to it as though this closes the matter.

DAVID M.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In the desktop app, when syncing files, it now only says "syncing", and does not give an estimated time remaining. This is a BIG issue if the feature is no longer available, as I need to know how long files will take to upload/download so I can inform my clients.

If I don't know how long it's going to take (which, to be honest, should be a STANDARD feature for any file storage application that allows you to upload/download), then I can't use Dropbox as a reliable app to share files with clients.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

David

BDoyle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

+1 on this.  I can't believe they would have removed such an obviously needed feature...even if it was only approximate.  It made planning my schedule arouond dropbox upload times a lot more predictable.

There does seem to be a little blue bar that *might* be showing the upload progress of the file, but that's utterly worthless to me.

Not applicable
Go to solution

@DAVID M.1 and @BDoyle this feature has been removed... Verification from Dropbox can be seen in this "resolution". I see that it has been turned into a Feature Request.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Time-Left-in-Sync-has-been-removed-Feature-Reque...

BDoyle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I see.  That frankly sucks.  Apparently, they're fine with giving me an approximate time to complete a crappy web survey (see image), but not on my uploads.  Got it.Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 11.11.18 AM.jpg

BDoyle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please add me to the list of people who want this "feature" back.  It's a basic usage requirement in my workflow.

Not applicable
Go to solution
I would put in a support ticket for Feature Request. The more they get, the more voices heard.

DAVID M.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Wow. I find it a bit rich that a previously implemented feature (that we all pay a service subscription for) is removed without warning, and then added back as a "request".

Would be great to get a response from Dropbox as to WHY it was removed in the first place, when it was a feature the majority of paying customers relied upon? How can we give clients delivery time estimates without any actual time estimates?

Need more support?