cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed (Feature Request)

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Following this thread has been very entertaining. There are a LOT of angry users just like me!

I'm wondering if any of you Super Users can give us a hint as to why the feature was removed?

Thanks

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

From the Dropbox website:

"Dropbox helps your team with tools that bring everyone’s work together in one focused place. Access and share files, coordinate projects with co-workers, and communicate right alongside everyone’s work."

How are we expected to coordinate and communicate when such a vital piece of information is no longer availabe?

egmedia
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

+1 to "i need this feature back"

of course it may not always be perfect but it helped a lot with exchanging data with others -- as many have stated here already. 

bobbymiller
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello!

With the latest dropbox app update for Mac, there's no longer a progress bar to let you know how long a download or upload is going to take.  This was incredibly helpful. Is there any way to enable it again?

exchanged
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The upload time remaining estimate has been removed or is missing-- this is a critical feature.  Please bring it back.

Doug183
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Please bring this VERY USEFUL feature back.  It wasn't perfectly accurate but it was worked well enough.

bobbymiller
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Looks like Dropbox took out sync time. Hoping they realize they screwed up. Actively looking for a Dropbox replacement because of this feature removal!

Lek
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I think that dropbox is not going to return the "time" function, or they are not in a hurry to do it. Therefore, a possible temporary solution can be like this: download the latest version of Dropbox, where "time" function still aviable. Then install it, and somehow block Dropbox from autoupdate. But I still can't find easy way how to do it. Maybe somebody knows?

ElJayBronxNY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I had a chat session with Customer Service yesterday where I begged "Hannah" to ask, or have her team leader ask, that someone from Engineering or at least with a voice of authority and understanding of the thinking of the lead teams on this, come here and speak on this. We've generated TEN PAGES of questions here and not ONE voice has spoken in favor of this feature's continued absence. 

One thing that occurs to me is that Dropbox maintains some control over the speed of upload which at busy times may be a lot slower than people would prefer. The current policy nicely obscures that fact - when it's in, it's in and our only notice is that the desktop icon has turned white instead of blue (at least on MY desktop) or the number of items being synced has decreased. If an item that took an hour yesterday takes two today, it's less documentable that way. This would also explain the imperious nature of management not wanting to disclose this as a reason...perhaps it serves THEIR interests, not ours as subscribers.

jbaughman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I would also like to see the time remaining data return as a feature. It's incredibly inconvenient to have no clue what to tell clients when trying to make deadlines ,and it makes working with my collaborators difficult as well. How absurd it is that this feature was intentionally removed.  I can't imagine it is in any way a service to the customers.

Need more support?