cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed (Feature Request)

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

furtonb
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I’m not interested in a progress bar, bring the numerical estimate back. I don’t want to eyeball and calculate the remaining times based on proportions or percentages, I want to see an approximated number until my Dropbox folder is up to date, as we did before.

alison b.11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

There are other options that offer the "time remaining" feature plus twice as much storage plus opt-out on auto-update plus less expensive (for individual users on the 1 TB plan like me not sure about the other plans).  I started migrating my files to a new service when the "remove from all devices" prompt started popping up for deletions...glad I did, given this latest dev,

jbaughman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@alison b.11 which service do you use now, if I may ask?

marinacoser
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@alison b.11 which service do you use now, if I may ask?

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@alison b.11 please fill us in.

jhsweston
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

PLEASE bring back the time estimate feature... it's SO FRUSTRATING not to have ANY idea how much has uploaded or how much is left! I don't even care if it's not always a precise estimate, but I need to know the difference between 5 minutes and an hour....

RTally
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Add my name to the list of people that want the time to sync display returned.

alison b.11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@marinacoser  @graystate Hi, try Sync: 2 TB plus time remaining and other goodies for less money.  I don't collaborate via the cloud, so can't speak to the sharing features beyond that they exist. Hope that helps!

alison b.11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@jbaughmanHi, try Sync: 2 TB plus time remaining and other goodies for less money.  I don't collaborate via the cloud, so can't speak to the sharing features beyond that they exist. Hope that helps!

jbaughman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@alison b.11 Thanks!

Need more support?