cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed (Feature Request)

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

ElJayBronxNY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Just signed up for a free account with Sync. Only major issue I see is that the accounts are "billed annually" although quoted monthly on the website...but you can get 3TB for $120/year, 2 for $96. Sharing and security appear robust, with more options than DB. And I just tried a 1.5GB file into my free 5GB folder...transferred quickly and gave both percentage and predicted time on a right-click in the system-tray icon. 

Dropbox has to do a lot to get me to consent to continue with them instead of gradually switching over.

mvandonge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also really miss this feature! Without it I'm looking at other transfer solutions as this slows down my workflow. Hope it comes back.

pepe1967
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It has been a month and Dropbox with it's silence demonstartes they are just another faceless corporation that dosen't care about their subscribers.  I think it's time to start looking for alternatives because a drop in revenue along with loads of bad publicity will be what they need to take us more seriously.

philip_seo_film
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm glad that this wasn't only me. Does anyone have a solution for this? Dropbox is not helping me...

lisaiannarino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

add me to the list of people who want this feature back. I use dropbox to deliver to my clients and its infuriating that I can't give a time estimate. Please fix this!!!

lisaiannarino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

also it really sucks that this is marked as solved. Is this a way to force people into an upgrade or something? because in reality, youre going to force me to take my money elsewhere. not even a response from dropbox in a month.

Sébastien L.2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please Dropbox, fix this as soon as possible. This should absolutely not be marked as resolved. Time estimates for an upload are a key component of what your product does. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that you just removed it and are not addressing or responding to requests to get it back. 

lisaiannarino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

found out that the upgraded version allows you to see time left, so they removed a feature to try to get people to upgrade. all they’ll tell me is they are passing along feedback to the development team, which is basically “we don’t care”. 

i doubt they will respond on here again since it’s marked as solved, so they lose my business. 

Sébastien L.2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Upgrade to what? I pay for Dropbox Plus and I can't see it. 

lisaiannarino
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

there’s standard, plus, and professional. professional shows you time left, the other lower plans do not. 

Need more support?