cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app

mcfinney
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The dropbox menu bar app has stopped showing the time left in the current sync in the bottom of the window. It shows a seemingly irrelevant progress bar but even hovering over that does not tell me the time left to sync, which I have depended on to let clients know when files will be there. Hovering over only gives me the option to pause syncing. Was this feature removed or is this a bug in the latest update?

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

223 Replies 223

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

To those still complaining...it's already back! Just install the Beta version

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-73-3-94/m-p/343959#M5275

alison b.11
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Too little, too late. I've moved on to Sync.com.

Twice as much space for same price.

Faster uploads. And doesn't drop downloads from website files. Spent much of yesterday dealing with failing dropbox downloads from cloud. Ugh.

jakeratner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It appears that the progress estimate when uloading/syncing on the desktop version of Dropbox has disappered! I'm running Mojave 10.14.2 on an iMac, and when previosuly uploading files/syncing with Dropbox, it used to say "Syncing (23 min remaiing)." Now it just reads "Syncing" with no time status. Where did it go?! Bring it back Dropbox!

whiskersland
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mine is back as of 27th May 2019 on Mac, using 'Plus'.

graystate
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Oh wonderful.

Dropbox just put us through months of annoyance by removing the most important feature and making us fight to get it back and now as a reward they're upping the price by 60%

"Dropbox Plus just got an upgrade. And a new price—starting on July 19, 2019, Dropbox Plus will be AU$16.99 a month (plus any applicable taxes)...

...This is all for just AU$6.00 more a month. "

Thanks a [profanity removed by moderation according to the Community Guidelines] HEAP Dropbox!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We’re constantly working to offer the best features that will meet your needs. The Dropbox Plus plan will get some new features which you can check out in more detail from here.

I understand that you are not satisfied with the increase in price, but I’d like to mention that you can keep your current pricing by changing to an annual billing cycle.

If you have any other questions please let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Koichi N.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I note that Emma from Dropbox wrote in May that this feature was released in version 73, however I am not seeing it with my current version 77. I have just been advised by a Dropbox Support adviser that it was never actually implemented, could I therefore ask if anyone is aware when it is likely to be released?

ripchord
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It is, in fact, in my current version (77.4) and has been for some time. 

ElJayBronxNY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just tested 77.4 (been using the feature) and it works perfectly there. I uploaded a short video clip and hovered over the Dropbox icon in the System tray (using Windows 10). The information that came up included the estimated time remaining. This matter has been fixed and I doubt it's going away again after 22 pages of controversy when they tried to take it away!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Koichi N., following-up from your post here, I can see that you’ve already submitted a ticket via our Official Support channel & you’ve been discussing your options with my colleague. While I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments on your ongoing correspondence, kindly note that it would be best for you to refer to this email chain for an update, as you’ve already made some progress there.

I hope that this gets resolved soon for you & we’re always here in case there’s anything else we can do to help you. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?