Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Time Left not Showing

Helpful | Level 6

Well, can you share how to solve it please?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the feedback regarding the progress bar on the Dropbox desktop application. 

In relation to this matter, I’ve forwarded this information to our dev team to make them aware of your comments. 

[edit - 29th March] 

As an update to this thread, I've received confirmation that the 'time left' prompt has been removed from the Dropbox desktop application.

We do appreciate the feedback that we have received so far, and would like to let you know that our developers are being made aware of your comments.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

Are you going to do anything to help us solve the issue? I havent been contacted by anyone. 

Helpful | Level 6
Problem remains here too, no feedback whatsoever

Helpful | Level 6

Having the same problem too!! I dropbox video content remotely and need to let my office know how long till everything is uploaded, however I no longer get an estimate of time left for sync to complete.

New member | Level 2
Same problem here, it's very annoying.

Helpful | Level 5

i have the same issue... the 'time remaining' is missing from my dropdown too. it used to appear when you click on the dropbox icon in the menu bar. it was at the bottom of the dropdown window. not there anymore! please put it back! i also have clients that i need to inform when their download will be ready.

New member | Level 2
Same problem here. Please bring it back, it's extremely important to know that information!

Helpful | Level 6
Yes, your dev team didn't remove the time estimate on purpose, did they? Hope you're not following in Apple's footsteps to remove the time estimate for their battery life. One of the main reasons I use Dropbox instead of Google Drive is because of the time estimate, so please don't take that away, otherwise, I might have to find an alternative solution.

New member | Level 2

I'm also having this problem. It just shows the connection speed, whereas it used to display the time remaining. Extremely inconvenient and I'd appreciate some sort of update on when this will be fixed.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app
219 Replies
211 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post