cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Time remaining feature - please reinstate this feature Dropbox

Helpful | Level 5

I have to say that I agree with you.  I have never seen Dropbox acknowledge issues impacting users.  This particular illogical change without explanation is perplexing.  For those of us who pay for this service and use it for business, I find that unnerving.  Dropbox needs some solid competition to compel better customer service. 

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you feel this way @21timothy.

This feature was actually re-enabled after we heard your feedback in this very same thread so could you please elaborate a tad on the matter that's troubling you?

On a side note, do you happen to be using a beta version of the desktop app?

I'm only asking because I just checked our latest stable version of the desktop app and the estimated time remaining to sync my changes was there when I hovered my mouse over the Dropbox icon within my computer's system tray.

If you're not seeing this, could you forward me a screenshot of the desktop app's exact status so I can have a visual too?

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I have what seems to be a stable current version, and cannot see the time estimate to sync.  Did it move?Screenshot (3).png

Helpful | Level 6

This feature was removed back in March 2019 and generated many pages of protests. Dropbox reinstated it (thank goodness); I was early in the threads complaining. 

You'll never see it on the face of the app; it shows up if you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in the system tray if you're uploading something. 

It's an educated guess on Dropbox's part. There's no way to 100% predict future network speeds etc. (even over the next hour or so), but it was always a good guideline to be able to let a client know when they might start to expect a file to be finished uploading. We missed it; we complained; it was re-instated.

Jay

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity and to avoid any possible confusion as this feature was re-instated in March of 2019. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app
223 Replies
228 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post