Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: Time Left not Showing

New member | Level 2

Please advise on this as its becoming very frustrating to use your service now... Ive paid for Plus and feel we deserve better service from the usually great dropbox. We need a solution after this specific feature being removed. As it stands I will have to look for an alternative unless a fix is given immediately. Please advise as there are many users waiting. Thank you.

New member | Level 2

Hello there,

Can you please confirm whether the feature has been intentionally removed by the Dropbox Team or not?

It's desappearance makes it apparent how much of an essential feature this is in the workflow of every professional I know who uses your service.

What's going on? If this hopefully wasn't intentional, do you have any leads?

Thanks

New member | Level 2

I am on Mac os Mojave 10.14.3 

and 

on previous operating system at home. Issue on both machines.

Helpful | Level 5

kinda poor that 2 weeks have gone by since this moderator post with multiple new complaints each day and still no official reply or fix for the issue! come on guys, please respond? might be cancelling my paid subscription at this rate andf looking elsewhere...

Helpful | Level 5

Whats going on with this issue? Why has no one from dropbox followed this up?

Helpful | Level 5

I am also having this issue on both OSX 10.13.6 & OSX 10.12.6  across 3 different macs (dropbox version 69.4.102)

I am uplaoding and downloading large video files (20GB+) and having an estimated time left is absolutely critical.

My clients are getting frustrated that I cannot give them an estimate, Im having to do rough math myself to figure it out.

Please fix or re-add this feature as without it I will no longer be able to use dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6
It seems and feels that we're abandoned to ourselves... :/ Very frustrating if you rely on dropbox for work on a daily basis

Helpful | Level 6

We tried removing the current version of dropbox and installing an older version, but dropbox sneaks in the latest version onto you so you can't win. We are paying a hefty subscription price for this service so bloody fix it and bring back the time left option!!!!

New member | Level 2

+1 to wanting this feature back, although it sometimes varied greatly, I relied on it for a number of reasons. Please bring the time estimation feature back. 

Upload/download time progress in system tray missing (only speed showing).

Lek
Explorer | Level 4

After autoupdate my dropbox to version 69.4.102 i noticed that upload/dowload progress in system tray look different, now its show only speed and dont show time anymore. Time was very important for me to understand how long need to wait upload/dowload.

Example.jpg
How to fix this issue? Dowgrade to older version doesnt help, because its autoupdate again.

Dear Dropbox, please return older function which show time and speed together.

Thanks for help.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Time Left in Sync has been removed from the desktop app
219 Replies
211 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post