Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Tray icon not working correctly

Level 2

hi!

I have just switched to the New Dropbox on work desktop pc and I have two issues:

• Right-clicking on the tray icon gives me a window which is no responsive to the Search box and on the other tab "Recent". Also, no content is shown for "Notifications" but double clicking open some documents (nice, just seen that now!)
  • Double-clicking on the tray icon gives only a blank window.

This is strange because on my laptop everything works finely. I am sorry if this has been answered already but I have not found anything related to that. 

Dropbox version installed: 74.4.115

Thank you in advance for your help!
ciao!

1 Reply

Re: Tray icon not working correctly

Dropboxer
Hey there @cybergerac,

As a first step, would you mind just trying a quick basic reinstall of the desktop app to see if that helps with the issues you are experiencing? You will simply need to uninstall the Dropbox desktop app, then download and reinstall the app again. 

Before uninstalling, you will need to quit and close the Dropbox app by:

1. Clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the gear icon.
  3. From the menu choose “Quit Dropbox”.

If the issues persist after reinstalling the app and the sync shows it's “Up to date”, could you please send me some screenshots (excluding any personal info) of the issues you mentioned? Such as the Notifications tab and seeing a blank window?

Looking forward to your reply - Cheers!  

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Tray icon not working correctly
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post