Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Unable to link Dropbox account to desktop app; app doesn't open anymore

Level 4

Hi! I used to have a personal and a business account connected to my desktop app. Accidentally I removed my personal account from my Mac instead of the business one. After successfully removing the business account, I can't add my personal account anymore. I have removed en re-installed the app several times, but after installation I can't open it. Nothing is wrong with the Firewall setting and probably also not with the Proxy settings. What to do? Thanks, Leon

5 Replies

Re: Unable to link Dropbox account to desktop app; app doesn't open anymore

Dropboxer

Hey there @leon_berlin - sorry to hear about this.

Is it giving you any errors by any chance or is it just unresponsive? If the former, could you send me a screenshot so that I can have a better view of the matter? If the latter one, can you restart your computer and let me know if this persists?

Could you also double check and confirm that there's no anitvirus, firewall or VPN/proxy setting that could be preventing our desktop app from connecting to the internet properly? 

Thanks in advance Leon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hey Walter,

Thanks for replying swiftly. The app is just unresponisve. I've tried to re-install the app and reboot my laptop several times, but nothing helps. I could try the Proxy settings, but what should I fill out? Noop speaking here slightly smiling face

Leon

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear this persists Leon. In this case, I'd suggest that you tried a clean, advanced re-install as outlined in the following Help Center article: 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

Keep me posted!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Hi Walter,

It worked!! Many thanks. I missed the app big time slightly smiling face.

One remark: in the steps described here it might be useful to write that you won't see the password as you type and that you have to end terminal after inserting the codes. Wasn't very clear to me but found it out on another forum.

Once again, thanks for the support!

Léon

Dropboxer

Glad I could help and thanks for letting me know Léon - I appreciate your feedback about our Help Center as well.

In regards to amending this specific article, I have already passed your comments on to the relevant team in my internal feedback report -thanks for flagging this with us. 

Should you ever come up with a Dropbox question or an issue arises, feel free to let us know; we're merely a post away winking face

Have a lovely day!

Walter

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to link Dropbox account to desktop app; app doesn't open anymore
5 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post