Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 3

I have no login issue before.  2 days ago, I tried to use the app to access my files via my android phone (HTC 10).  The app asked me to login, I do so, but I cannot login.  I remember my password and I can login to the same account via my desktop.  

I have tried to change the password and also uninstall the app and re-install it and disconnect the link of that HTC 10 via dropbox settings page through my desktop, but nothing work.

After typing the e-mail and password, the app will ask me to grant the rights, but then it shows an unknown error and ask me to contact customer service.  I left a message to dropbox support for 2 days but receive no reply yet.  

Could anyone help me for this issue?  Thanks in advance.

65 Replies

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Dropboxer
Hi there, @vinyip!

Just so as to have a better image of your concern, could you please send a screenshot of the error that you see on your screen? Could you also please clarify if you’re having this issue only via the mobile app, or are you experiencing this behavior through the desktop app and/or website?

Thanks in advance! upside-down face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks @Lusil!

The problem only happened via the mobile app of my HTC 10 and it did not happened before (for the last 2 years of my use). 

There is no such problem when I login via desktop app / website / mobile app of my new android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9).

Since I am from Hong Kong and the language of the mobile app is in Chinese, sorry for the screenshot that is not shown in English. 

For your understanding, the words shown on the screen stated that "Login failure.  An unknown error occurs.  Please contact Dropbox Customer Support."

Screenshot.png

Thank you for your assistance!

Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply and the screenshot, @vinyip!

Are you using Google sign in by any chance? How exactly are you signing in? Also, are you using Wi-Fi? If so, have you tried changing to another Wi-Fi? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know of any updates! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks @Lusil!

I have tried to login via Google login and by typing the email and password. Both methods showed the same error.

Meanwhile, I have tried login in Wi-Fi network at home and cell phone 4G network. The same error occurs.

FYI, I am able to login my account via dropbox app from my new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9) in my Wi-Fi network at home.

Dropboxer
Thanks for checking these out for me, @vinyip

Just to be sure, please try a different Wi-Fi network as well, and if that comes to a dead-end, I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email as account-specific info may be required to further investigate on the matter. 

Let me know how it goes and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible! grinning face

Lusil

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks @Lusil!

I have tried to login the dropbox account from my HTC 10 in a public Wi-Fi network, but the same error still occurs.

Please move my case to any place which might solve my problem.  Thanks for your help!

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @vinyip

In order to further investigate on this, we’d have to move this discussion to email. For this reason, I was able to locate your open request from my end and have replied to your there.

Cheers! 

Lusil

Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy J5. Since 4 days. Nothing helps. I did all the things you did too. The customers helpdesk has at this time no solution. Hope an other member can help us.Screenshot_20181216-154606.jpg

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @WeTiek

Initially, have you been connecting through Wi-Fi or data? Have you also tried a different Wi-Fi network? I'd also recommend trying to reinstall the mobile app, maybe that will do the trick.

Let me know of any update!

Lusil

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password
65 Replies
4 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post