Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 4

I reset my DB password on the web interface (desktop), and cleared data and cache on the DB phone app.  Tried Force Quit and Disable as well on the app.  Nada.  Still can login.  Still getting "Sign-In Failed.  Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support."

Clearing browser history you say?  I'm only having trouble with the app on Android

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Bajansixfooter,
Apologies for the late reply. So received a reply from Dropbox. They are aware of the bug and currently fixing it. Did not give a timeline as to how long but once they release the new update for the app they will let me know. So we just have to be patient and wait for now unfortunately.

Explorer | Level 4

I guess we are still waiting?

I deleted the app, all data, cache.  Rebooted the phone, then reinstalled the newest version of the app from the Play Store.  Still can't sign in.  I'm becoming impatient.  I can't use the mobile app combined with the fact that I can no longer use the desktop app since it has been locked out as of last month (I'm on OSX Mavericks).

What is the solution here?

Dropboxer
Hey there @bajansixfooter, apologies for missing your notification on this thread. 

I understand that this may not be an ideal for you, but I’d be more than happy to follow up with a ticket so as to have a look at this using our internal tools. As such, I went ahead and contacted you directly at the email address associated with your Community profile. At your convenience, please check your inbox for my latest message. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I made it work again by unlinking all devices in my dropbox.com security settings.

that actually worked for me (after 3 weeks without dropbox)

Highlighted

Why do I receive an "invalid email" error when trying to sign into the app on my Android device?

New member | Level 2

When logging into Dropbox on my Android phone I get a message to "please enter a valid email address" even though I am entering my correct Dropbox email address.  I never had this problem before, and I suspect it is due to an update.  Any suggestions?

Re: login issues Android

Dropboxer
Hey there @mageejh,

If you are currently logged into your Dropbox account via another device or through the web, can you please just double check the email address from there. Also, can you let me know if you are running the most up to date version of the Dropbox mobile app on your device?

Have you already tried uninstalling the app and downloading it again on your Android device?

Let me know what you find - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Not sure if someone already figure this out, here is what I did to resolve it.

I ran into the same problem.  I had to update the app in play store and then remove old devices linked to Dropbox until only 3 is linked, then everything worked fine.

Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

New member | Level 2

I have just installed dropbox on a Galaxy S5 and when I try to sign in with the correct email and pasword, it asks me to enter a valid email address??

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

Dropboxer
Hey there @Kees P.2,

I’ve merged your post here as it seems you’re having the same issue. Can you please check my previous response and let me know what you find please?

Also, can let me know whether you are able to sign in via the web with this email address?

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks! 

Daphne

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password
68 Replies
4 Likes