Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Techmom, 

Thnx for this solution. It only came late for me.

I made a new dropbox. So it is not possible anymore to try your solution.

But it could be the solution we all were looking for.

With kind regards, WeTiek1.

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 4

Hi.  Seems like you may have had a different issue, considering DB free account now only allows for 3 linked deviced.  I'm glad you worked out your issue.

I'm still waiting on DB for the solution...

Explorer | Level 4

Yup same here. Still waiting to get an update from them. 

Tried the solutions suggested above still not working. 

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Thulasi,

Suggestion. Do the same as I did. Delete the old Dropbox en start a new.

There is only one problem: You can't use the same inlogname and password.

But thats just a small problem.

Don't forget to make a backup of the Dropbox-Directory on your PC. You can use it to copy to the new Box.

With kind regards, Wiebe. 

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

New member | Level 2

I had the same problem. Uninstalling updates and then reopening the app solved the problem for me.

Highlighted

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you here! I’m sure this will be helpful to others experiencing the same issue.

Hope you have a great week ahead - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4

Another victim of discussed bug here. Any news about actual solution?

My report:

Device: Samsung Note 3
Dropbox app is preinstalled.

1. After restoring to factory defaults, old Dropbox version allowed me to login with user/pasword pair (no Google login in that version)

2. Installed Dropbox Paper (recent, Google AppStore). It detected logged-in account and run just fine.

3. Dropbox updated to most recent version.
When started, I'm no longer logged in.
New login screen available, with Google sign-in.
Both user/pass and Google login fail with unknown error.

4. Google confirms (by mail) that dropbox gained access it requested.
Dropbox informs me (by mail) that new login attempts was detected.
I assume that from server-side authorization in successful, but somehow client-app fails.

5. As Dropbox is preinstalled, I cannot remove it to reinstall, but if I uninstall updates (option available in place of app-uninstall), then I get old Dropbox that logs me in correctly, and whole story repeats.

6. Before restoring devince to factory default I successfully used dropbox, with same OS version for few years.
Also, I have second, same device (not reset) that has no problem at all (logged to my wifes account), so it's unreleated to WiFi or device model for sure.

Dropboxer
Hi @Warenhari, sorry to hear that you're also having this issue. Your post definitely provides a solid understanding of what you're experiencing - awesome work on the troubleshooting too! 

I’ve followed up with a ticket to the email address that’s connected to your Community account, so please have a look at my latest message that you should find in your inbox and we’ll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Warenhari,

Considering you have DB pre-installed, it seems you have the advantage of being able to remove all updates.  But it does show that there is something in the updates giving trouble.  I wanted to asked about:

3. Dropbox updated to most recent version.
When started, I'm no longer logged in.

Did you initiate the update, or did it somehow update by itself?  (don't forget to note if you have "auto-update apps" checked off under your settings).

@Lusilin the meantime, I figure DB has two priorities - make money, and get users to use the product in order to make money.  What's the word on the second one?

Explorer | Level 4

@bajansixfooter  Both scenarions happend durning my tests. Once I initiated update along with multiple others - after starndard Store notice. Another time it was auto-update I have turned on, when WiFi is up.

Theoreticaly I might remove updates and leave it like that, but I'm not fan of keeping obsolate apps. Also, some integration/sharing of offline files doesn't work on this very old version, so I'd like to have it updated one day.

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password
66 Replies
4 Likes