Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

New member | Level 2

I had to uninstall updates (came with installed as default) then it worked. If I updated - log in failed.

Despite getting the email to say 'we noticed a new log in'

Invalid email

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I cannot log in your mobile application with this account. When I submit all the information I receive an error with the message: Invalid email address. Yet I can log in from the computer. What may be the problem?

Re: Invalid email

Super User II

If the email is definately identical it sounds like a bug in the mobile app. 

What software you using? Mobile device/iOS and also Dropbox version.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

I use an galaxy A8 with android 8.0.0 and the dropbox version is 3.0.4.8.

Super User II

At a guess that Dropbox version is so out of date it is blocked from working. The current version is about 142.2.8

Try downloading an updated version from https://www.dropbox.com/android

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Thank you. I thought that this app will update automatically. It worked for good while.

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Explorer | Level 4

Just to let you know, Support did some backend magic and managed to solve the issue for me. I wasn't filled in with tech-details of solution so cannot provide any help, except encourage you all to contact Support as requested - do what they as for, and they will help you slightly smiling face

Not a solution, but observation maybe worth to mentio - after sucessful login attempt with updated version, my phone had two instances on list of connected Devices - one new, current, and one old from time of failed login attempt.

Regards

Highlighted

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

New member | Level 2
I’m having the same problem, however, uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t work for me. It says the email address is invalid which is not true. What can I do? This is only a problem on the Samsung Galaxy 6. Not a problem on my iPhone 6.

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

Dropboxer

Can you let me know which version of the Dropbox mobile app you currently have installed on your Android device? You can check this by going to the device Settings, choose Apps and notifications and then choose the Dropbox app. From here it will tell you the version of the app installed.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Warenhari! Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

@bardez, I’ve sent you a ticket to your Community-associated email so that we can look into this together too. When you have the chance, please reply to my email and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! grinning face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password
62 Replies
4 Likes