cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Dropbox on PC without losing Dropbox files?

Uninstall Dropbox on PC without losing Dropbox files?

Alohabear
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am out of space on my PC while uploading PC videos to Dropbox.  I have Dropbox app on PC.  Remaining storage on Dropbox plan is 750GB so I know the problem isn't that I'm out of space in Dropbox.

I intend to only use Dropbox.com to access my files and not sync with PC's Dropbox app. 

Can I uninstall Dropbox app on PC without losing Dropbox files? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes. If you uinstall Dropbox from your computer, it will stop syncing, and you'll be able to safely remove the local Dropbox folder to free up disk space. Make sure you uninstall first. If you remove the files while Dropbox is running, Dropbox will sync the deletions to the cloud.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes. If you uinstall Dropbox from your computer, it will stop syncing, and you'll be able to safely remove the local Dropbox folder to free up disk space. Make sure you uninstall first. If you remove the files while Dropbox is running, Dropbox will sync the deletions to the cloud.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Alohabear
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Perfect!  Thank you Rich!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Alohabear Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?