cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Upgrade Professional plan using iPHONE // Upgrade Professional usando iPHONE

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

I'm not getting upgrade to the Professional version of Dropbox via app on iphone. Only the Plus version appears, but it does not serve me because I need to acquire more than 1TB of space.

I know that the Professional version can be acquired through the Dropbox app direct from the iPhone, but in my case the app only offers the Plus version. How can I fix this ??

Thank you

P.S: I would NOT like to make this purchase through the Dropbox website. I would like to do it by app

Pessoal,

Não estou conseguindo fazer o upgrade para a versão Professional do Dropbox via app no iphone. Somente aparece a versão Plus, mas ela não me serve, pois preciso adquirir mais que 1TB de espaço.

Vi que a versão Professional pode ser adquirida através do app Dropbox direto do iPhone, mas no meu caso o app somente disponibiliza a versão Plus. Como posso corrigir isso??

Obrigado

P.S: Eu NÃO gostaria de fazer essa aquisição pelo website do Dropbox. Gostaria de fazê-la pelo app

11 Replies

Re: Upgrade Professional plan using iPHONE // Upgrade Professional usando iPHONE

Super User II
I **think** if you are already a paying user you need to cancel the subscription and wait for it to expire and THEN upgrade to the new plan.

Thats because the App stores do not allow for pro-rata refunds and credits towards other plans like the website etc. would do (note you actually couldnt do it via the website either until your mobile plan version had finished).

Just to reassure you that your files wont stop syncing if you cancel the plan. You will keep your current space until the plan you are on expires and then syncing will stop until you pay for the plan again or upgrade to a higher one.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Upgrade Professional plan using iPHONE // Upgrade Professional usando iPHONE

Explorer | Level 4
Well

I tryied upgrade another basic account using iPhone app and it only shows dropbox plus option(no professional option)...

Super User II

I suggest you log a ticket with support then as I wonder if its restricted to whatever country you are in.

I can see monthly an annual upgrades to see Plus and Professional plans.

You can ask via www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks a lot...
I opened a tickect yesterday... So I think they answer it only on work days. Is it correct?

Super User II
Yes, they only work Monday through Friday.

Replies are usually within a day or two of that.

Explorer | Level 4
Please let me now....
When you try to upgrade from your iphone, your account was on basic or plus???
Do you know if when I purchase a Plus signature I could upgrade it fo Professional or I must wait to downgrade to upgrade it??

Thanks

Super User II
I cant look because I am already Professional user.

However, as I said I am POSITIVE you cannot upgrade to a different plan until your account is at the basic free status.

That is because when you change plans it credits your account back to the value of whatever is left on your upgrade to the new plan. But, App Store purchases dont let this happen. So, you have to wait out the full plan you are on and THEN go to a new one. You need to cancel the current plan though so it does not auto renew though.

Thats the downside of doing it via the app store.

Super User II
Actually, I've just found this which may help you: https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/app-store-subscriptions

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks..
Do you know if I could pay this subscription from the apple website??
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Upgrade Professional plan using iPHONE // Upgrade Professional usando iPHONE
11 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post