Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Web Interface Doesnt Open Folder

New member | Level 1

I can connect to the web interface but when I click on any folder it doesnt load. If I type the search bar the files will show up, but once again when I click on an item nothing happens. It doesnt show any message other than Loading.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: Web Interface Doesnt Open Folder

Super User II

Does it still happen when you try another browser?

New member | Level 1

Hi @RichR! Tried firefox and it worked. But it is not my deafult browser. I use Chrome, what should I do?

Super User II

It seems that Chrome has been the common denominator lately with the browser issues. If it's not a browser addon that's blocking the page, then it could be something that Dropbox needs to look at. You might try disabling all addons in Chrome and see if it works then.

New member | Level 1

Disabling the extensions worked. Thanks!

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Chrome opens dropbox.com and sub folders for me on a Windows XP sp3 system. Also SeaMonkey(firefox) works perfectly.

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Why doesn't dropbox produce "strict" HTML code?
I postulate that the errors in the dropbox code make Chrome screw up:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fhome&charset=%28detect+automatical...

And that is "transitional" HTML which lets IE and SM do whatever they please with the HTML thus leading to browser bloat.

Dropboxers, use "strict" HTML and the code will do better on more browsers, etc.

Just saying,

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Web Interface Doesnt Open Folder
6 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post