Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

What is Dropbox doing?

Explorer | Level 3

I have to spend time every week attempting to get dropbox to start, sync and even find recently uploaded files. Even a small file won't show up on my other computer for several hours or sometimes the next day. Dropbox selectively shows recent files with ones that have been in dropbox for a couple of years and not viewed. It is like it is constantly shuffling cards. It's running right now and using 100% of my disk. I checked because when I turned on my PC I could hear the disk and still can. The last thing I did yesterday is defragmented my drive. Is dropbox fragmenting it back to the way it was? Please explain.

1 Reply

Re: What is Dropbox doing?

Dropboxer

Hi there @EZCreator

Let's see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you confirm if you've had a look at this article which lists some causes and ways to tackle high RAM/CPU usage?

Let me know if any of these helped!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

What is Dropbox doing?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post