Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE

New member | Level 1

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 I have an OFFICIAL dropbox android app, which can sync ENTIRE FOLDER, to make OFFLINE ACCESS for it. Why the h*ll, I cant do same thing on Sony android smartphone? Same app, different features??

9 Replies

Re: Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE

Super User II

believe this is currently in beta trial with a select group of people on selected devices. It is not a fully released feature yet. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 1

Have you asked this question on Reddit? There might be an answer or at least some sort of helpful explanation from a hard core tech familiar with the issues involved.

Super User II

There might be an answer or at least some sort of helpful explanation

As Mark stated, the feature is not widely available yet.

New member | Level 1

I get that it might be a beta feature, and i am sorry for claiming to DropBox team for itslightly smiling face. Actually, every developers should notice, that each feature that available only for an open select group should be marked as beta, to avoid angering from users. 

You all know that the Offline folder feature is a sore subject, and I wish the DB team enable it to all soon. 

Hallelujah.

New member | Level 1

Oh Yes please offline folders...I have all my music in Dropbox (100s of sheets) I cant keep selecting each file.....please, please lets have Offline Folders too....

New member | Level 2

I can't believe this feature is not available yet and have to go through a 3rd party app to do it. Make it available quick please!

New member | Level 1

I agree.  I enjoy cooking have have 1,000's of recipes that I've got on DropBox and have no intention of individually selecting EACH file to make offline.  Having option to make and entire folder available "Offline" would be a huge step up for this app.

New member | Level 1

Dear guys, in a beginning of 2016 I lose the feature for making folders offline :(  Also I cant find any other equal service with it.. conspiracy is inevitable. 

Terrible things are happening everywhere... Uprising close.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Fear not! You can now offline folders on mobile slightly smiling face

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE
9 Replies
14 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post